Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People hogging elevators and either go up or down one floor.

Use your legs and walk ya fat lazy walloper.

There used to be a right fat c**t that always seemed to finish the same time as me at my previous work. I'd always have to come down three floors and took the lift, he'd always get on at 1 and say " room for a little one"

He was joking of course, because he's going to die of heart disease shortly.

OK so there's been this thing that's been really annoying annoying me, they've got this thing on R3 where you write in and request a piece of music that was written in your lifetime, and that's a really good idea imo, anyway TWICE now they've had GROWN OLD MEN writing in and saying "my gran Hilda is 110 years old so can you play some Mahler" RIGHT for ONE THING if Hilda can't be FUCKED to write in herself then SHE DOESN'T GET TO PICK MAHLER, if you're writing in, YOU PICK SOMETHING FROM YOUR OWN LIFETIME, and FOR ANOTHER THING, it's really not in the fucking spirit of the thing is it, they play fucking Mahler ALL THE FUCKING TIME, the point of this is SURELY to hear some more contemporary stuff that doesn't ordinarily get played. and yesterday they had this guy go I was born in 1950 and Vaughan Williams wrote such and such in 1955 so can you play this one that he wrote in 1910? NO YOU FUCKING c**t BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T BORN IN 1910 WERE YOU and the worst thing is fucking Petroc Trewlany goes along with it, like it's more important to have listeners with REALLY FUCKING OLD GRANDPARENTS than to play something interesting, the smug Cornish tawt, and the even worse thing is these pieces aren't even any fucking good, they're boring SHIT, this guy today was like "I have this on LP and recently bought it on CD" SO WHY ARE YOU SUBJECTING THE REST OF US TO IT YOU ARSEHOLE. end of example.

Please send this to R3 as is and publish their response.

People that chew really loudly. Especially when I'm trying to eat I find it very off putting to not only hear but be able to see you breaking down the food in your mouth

an old flatmate of mine used to do this. If there was no plates he would take one out of stagnant water in the sink not even wipe it and bung it in the micro with a macaroni pie. He'd then sprawl out on the couch wearing this old faded green housecoat that looked like a flayed Oscar the grouch and chew with his mouth open and bits of pie flying everywhere.

Do moths eat clothes?

It thought that was just an urban myth.

From Google via LiveScience: "Moth larvae have a fairly specific diet, and so female moths typically pick clothes made from animal fibers such as silk, wool, cashmere, angora or fur, materials that contain keratin. Keratin is composed of fibrous structural proteins and can also be found in our skin and hair"

Do moths eat clothes?

It thought that was just an urban myth.

That's why you used to put mothballs in the wardrobe to scare off the moths. Well if someone was going to cut off your balls and hang them up you would think twice about going there to eat the clothes. It must have involved a magnifying glass and very small knife to harvest the mothballs, and they smelled hellish. Maybe the WWF has banned this cruel practice 'cos you don't seem to get mothballs now.

ETA: Facts You Made Up thread for this pish.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Im not sure. I'll wait on wisbit to confirm.

He's no idea, but it probably came from educated people who've made a study of the creatures in question, so assume it's bullshit just to be safe. Can't be too careful.

Still, we're talking about him, which is the point after all.