Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Chevy are now marketing a car that mutes the stereo until you've buckled your seat belt. Because beeping at us incessantly is apparently not enough. Wonder how long it will be before all new cars come with a mother-in-law installed on the back seat.

Leaving someone in goals for a prolonged spell, just because they haven't conceded a set number of goals is pish behaviour.

Precisely. Especially when someone like myself who is both prolific outfield and performs heroics in goal with cat-like agility. Why should my ability be a hinderance to my time on the pitch?

This has got me thinking - do professional keepers wear jockstraps? There is nothing worse than spreading yourself open legged to make a save and taking the ball right in the unmentionables.

Who was the first to confuse Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain in reference to Ibrox, i.e. who called it Castle Greyskull when what they should have meant was Snake Mountain? Castle Greyskull is where the good guys live, and that's definitely not Ibrox. Snake Mountain is where all the bad c***s live. That is Ibrox.

Why is this mistake still made?

Who was the first to confuse Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain in reference to Ibrox, i.e. who called it Castle Greyskull when what they should have meant was Snake Mountain? Castle Greyskull is where the good guys live, and that's definitely not Ibrox. Snake Mountain is where all the bad c***s live. That is Ibrox.

Encyclopaedic knowledge of 80s cartoons does not come easily to all members of the general population

Nor does "Castle Greyskull" as a name conjure up any images to the uninitiated which would suggest it should have any affiliation with 'good guys'

I think Zombieland would be an appropriate name for Ibrox, a place inhabited by beings who refuse to accept that they have been dead for a few years.

The Black Isle.

It's not black, plus it's not even an island.

More of a quick question, but who was the BBC Scotland weather girl who referred to Ibrox as Castle Greyskull during one of her forecasts?

I remember laughing out loud at the time, although the sheer number of complaints the BBC got suggests that not everyone shared her sense of humour (making the whole seeth inducing-episode even better). Not Heather the Weather but some Killie girl. Gail..?

Edited by Hedgecutter

I'd wager it was Only An Excuse.

The Black Isle.

It's not black, plus it's not even an island.

More of a quick question, but who was the BBC Scotland weather girl who referred to Ibrox as Castle Greyskull during one of her forecasts?

Allegedly it's called that because when the Vikings were heading over for the first time, all they could see was blackness due to the density of the forests and they thought it was an island.

Could well be a lot of shite as I wasn't there man.

Allegedly it's called that because when the Vikings were heading over for the first time, all they could see was blackness due to the density of the forests and they thought it was an island.

Could well be a lot of shite as I wasn't there man.

Nonsense. It's from a poorly constructed Skeletor / He-Man joke.

After being bothered to search, Kirsty McCabe is the weather girl btw.

Leaving someone in goals for a prolonged spell, just because they haven't conceded a set number of goals is pish behaviour. Thankfully the guys I play with are always more than happy to take shot about in goal. Probably more to do with their level of fitness than anything else, but still.

Does anyone play 5s where everyone just takes 12 mins each?

We have a clock in our indoor hall so it wouldn't be hard to do it that way

People who with they are better than others just because they have a different opinion. In the last few months I have seen a rise in people on FB and twitter who are either vegetarian or vegan posting link after link on stories about animal abuse and slaughter houses etc. I have no problem with these people's choice not to eat meat or farm produce, but don't ram it down my throat (totally not intentional btw!). It's my choice that I like to eat meat, I don't need other people to tell me otherwise.

Edited by IainMorton

People who with they are better than others just because they have a different opinion. In the last few months I have seen a rise in people on FB and twitter who are either vegetarians and vegans posting link after link on stories about animal abuse and slaughter houses etc. I have no problem with these people's choice not to eat meat or farm produce, but don't ram it down my throat (totally not intentional btw!). It's my choice that I like to eat meat, I don't need other people to tell me otherwise.

How do you know if someone is a vegan?

They will tell you.