Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I will post this again as yesterday's posts were culled. Saw this picture in Range yesterday and it's so cringe, the sort of thing a middle aged IT worker who lived with his parents until he was 35 and only had imaginary friends would find funny.

It's pretty hideous, but I'm loving the very specific demographic it's aimed at. The guy at your missus' work?

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah I can just imagine that being the sort of person who would buy it and take great joy in showing it off to people when they came round to his house for what ever reason.

The sort of person who would wear a "If found please return to pub" t shirt on a weekend away.

I had one of  them!

I was 5 at the time...

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Was this because your parents were alcoholics and that's where they would be?

No my Ma was a barmaid & old man used to sit out side in case she ran away with one of the customers.

Eta. My Ma was a stunner...

Edited by SlipperyP

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Back in the day, Yorkie bars could only be tackled by burly truck drivers; now they are so wee, nursery kids could probably eat two in one sitting.  No wonder the UK is in such a shambles.

I prefer Yorkie Buttons now. From the fridge. 

A few years back I opened a Twitter account. After a few visits to it I decided that it was a load of gash so I just stopped looking at it and just ignored it. Couple of weeks back I signed back into it only to find that somebody from the other side of the world now has the same username. Now I keep getting notifications partly in god knows what language telling me that "I" have been mentioned in various posts. What a load of pish.

What is the point of Twitter anyway? Is it supposed to make you all windswept and interesting to the watching world if you constantly post about yourself and what shite you have been up to?

8 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Back in the day, Yorkie bars could only be tackled by burly truck drivers; now they are so wee, nursery kids could probably eat two in one sitting.  No wonder the UK is in such a shambles.

They used to have the name of the bar moulded on top, one letter on each square. They can't do it any more because now you only get five squares...

15 minutes ago, supermik said:

A few years back I opened a Twitter account. After a few visits to it I decided that it was a load of gash so I just stopped looking at it and just ignored it. Couple of weeks back I signed back into it only to find that somebody from the other side of the world now has the same username. Now I keep getting notifications partly in god knows what language telling me that "I" have been mentioned in various posts. What a load of pish.

What is the point of Twitter anyway? Is it supposed to make you all windswept and interesting to the watching world if you constantly post about yourself and what shite you have been up to?

You're moaning about a website where people give updates on their lives... whilst updating us all on what has recently happened in your life. 

I fucking love that. 

18 hours ago, smpar said:

You're moaning about a website where people give updates on their lives... whilst updating us all on what has recently happened in your life. 

I fucking love that. 

:(

somebody must have stolen one of my sandwiches.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Bought a four week season ticket and the bloody thing hasn't been accepted once by the automatic ticket barrier in the first week

That's the main reason I moved to the Smartcard. Nothing more annoying than having to get let through barrier every time.