Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Not petty in the slightest, but last night a good friend of ours told us that he'd been undergoing treatment for the early stages of bowel cancer.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Not petty in the slightest, but last night a good friend of ours told us that he'd been undergoing treatment for the early stages of bowel cancer.

That's a bit shit! Absolutely no pun intended.

A friend of mine went through this about 8 years ago. Not saying he had an easy time but he's now cured. It's one of the cancers that if caught early has a very good chance of cure.

All the best to your friend.

Supposedly educated people that begin their answers to interviews with "So...   "

A football example, which hasn't happened yet (but it's coming) would be:

"Quite a game this afternoon Gary, what are your thoughts on the second-half comeback?"

Gary

"So... ... ..."  

I take your so and raise it to

So called....

Just f**k off
So called ISIS
So called Hard Brexit

The news needs to report the news and not put slants on it with the use of so called.....

Technically you could use if for anything...

The Prime Minister, the so called Theresa May

51 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's not a new phenomenon. I had a phone in about 2001 that autocorrected. An amorous message to my lady was changed to say I wanted to "kick her aunt".

37 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's not a new phenomenon. I had a phone in about 2001 that autocorrected. An amorous message to my lady was changed to say I wanted to "kick her aunt".

Sorry but what the f**k has this got to do with a reply to the post that Gaz made?

eta. Just noticed that you have replied to the wrong post. :lol:

Edited by supermik

46 minutes ago, supermik said:

Sorry but what the f**k has this got to do with a reply to the post that Gaz made?

eta. Just noticed that you have replied to the wrong post. :lol:

Sorry - I'd just tanned a few espressos so my fingers may have been jittery 

I take your so and raise it to

So called....

Just f**k off

So called ISIS

So called Hard Brexit

The news needs to report the news and not put slants on it with the use of so called.....

Technically you could use if for anything...

The Prime Minister, the so called Theresa May

BBC News wifie reporting from Iraq the noo just missed out the "so called" prefix to Isis. Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning...

Just now, Zen Archer said:

They do a weekly recap show at the arse end o'clock and do the Super bowl, this is nothing new.

The advert for some sort of programme with the presenters coming from the USBank Stadium in Minnesota shown in the middle of Match of the Day begs to differ.