Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Vapourisers.  More specifically, certain types that I've increasingly seen people using.

Now, I'll admit that I've used one when giving up, but the one I have is a thin, pen sized thing that I found helped just take the edge off.  I've increasingly noticed these much larger things that folk are using that, after they've used it, they release this massive gout of vapour.  What the f**k is that all about?

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Vapourisers.  More specifically, certain types that I've increasingly seen people using.

Now, I'll admit that I've used one when giving up, but the one I have is a thin, pen sized thing that I found helped just take the edge off.  I've increasingly noticed these much larger things that folk are using that, after they've used it, they release this massive gout of vapour.  What the f**k is that all about?

I think we all know what's going on but the word for these people is banned on here now. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Idiotic. The skinny ones that that don't billow steam are ideal for planes, trains and buses. Only been caught once when I didn't realise they weren't allowed.

17 hours ago, mizfit said:

Having to sit and pretend I'm interested in my girlfriends utter moronic work based gossip.

It is never actually about work though is it?

It's about who's been a bitch or somebody has gone and bought those shoes. You know, the ones she wanted but can't buy now because someone else had already gone and bought them. The bitch :lol:

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

2 things today - when a bus stops and then the bus driver tells you to get off and then on the bus in front/behind seems to be happening to me at least once every fortnight.

Secondly i went to a pharmacy to pick up my prescription a few minutes before 1 o clock today and the door was locked saying back at 2 as they obviously take an hour lunch break every day but decided to take this at about 12:56. Not sure why they can't take shifts at lunch time so the entire place doesn't need to shut but there you go.

Sounds like Philpy's changed career.

5 minutes ago, supermik said:

My wife keeps her clothes in the "wardrope"

You're generous.  If she was mine they'd be in a suitcase.

Edit: My son pronounced 'decade' as a homophone of 'decayed' over the weekend.  He won't do it again ;)

Edited by The_Kincardine

I fly 2 or 3 times a year to see friends in North Wales from Inverness, so it's Manchester or Birmingham. The prices vary, and Birmingham's usually cheaper, but if you book ahead it's usually under £100, sometimes £80. The planes are fine, it's only an hour or so, and I prefer the service you get to Easyjet or Ryanair.

Fair enough, it must've been because I used my work's mandatory booking agent. I flew to Manchester 4 times in the summer and it was about £300 a go. I booked a Bristol flight on a Friday evening, flying 3 days later, and it only cost £100 with a suitcase. Odd.

I welcome any opportunity to avoid Flybe, though. Shitehawks.

Disagree about Flybe, you can check in at the airport for free and I prefer the customer relations, their staff always seem less knackered and friendlier than Easyjet and Ryanair. For some reason Bristol is the cheapest place to fly to from Inverness, probably because of the shitty security staff.

Disagree about Flybe, you can check in at the airport for free and I prefer the customer relations, their staff always seem less knackered and friendlier than Easyjet and Ryanair. For some reason Bristol is the cheapest place to fly to from Inverness, probably because of the shitty security staff.

Really? Every Flybe flight I've been on has been serviced by complete torn-faced c***s.

Gatwick is about the same price as Bristol these days, if you're in to that sort of thing.

3 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Really? Every Flybe flight I've been on has been serviced by complete torn-faced c***s.

Gatwick is about the same price as Bristol these days, if you're in to that sort of thing.

If I'm not going to Wales I go to Gatwick to change flights, and it's usually cheap. Luton and Bristol can be cheaper, but Luton usually means trying to get to Stansted for the next flight, and Bristol means stopping the night. Gatwick means a pleasant few hours in Brighton, or a couple of pints in the 6 Bells in Horley.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by people of know who have moved aboard who are very preachy about it.

It's as if somehow I've made a terrible decision by choosing to live in Scotland and that where they live is definitely much better. I don't just mean the day to day lifestyle but they seem to post pictures on various forms of social media of themselves with some lovely scenery as if they're out exploring every weekend. The same people never ventured out the central belt of Scotland