Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

People who loudly complain when I take my baby on a bus. I had one old woman turn to my wife and I and say 'this isn't a crèche you know', my wife replied with 'it isn't a mortuary either.'

My daughter is pretty well behaved, hardly cries on busses at all, but sometimes when I get on a bus with her you can see people looking at me like I've taken a dead cat on with me. I always wonder what has happened in their life to make them so bitter.

Have you considered they are Sevco fans? 

Was this woman who said that a snob or was she just a gobby cow? Good reply from your mrs anyway!

Snob. She was a bit weird. She was on the phone to her son, and she started speaking in this cutesy voice saying 'what's the matter? Talk to mumsy', which considering the son was evidently an adult seemed really bizarre. She also talked about how she doesn't understand people who don't buy 'automatic blinds'. She then got off the bus after the altercation with my wife, and proceeded to get back on and sit somewhere else on the bus. I think she thought if she got off, then got back on again, we wouldn't notice it was the same person.

I think this is the problem with having a bus that goes through Morningside tbh.

19 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I think this is the problem with having a bus that goes through Morningside tbh.

Ah, suddenly light dawns. If she was from Morningside she wasn't complaining about your baby at all. When she said 'this isn't a crèche you know' she actually meant the bus hadn't been involved in a road traffic accident.

Ah, suddenly light dawns. If she was from Morningside she wasn't complaining about your baby at all. When she said 'this isn't a crèche you know' she actually meant the bus hadn't been involved in a road traffic accident.

:lol:

58 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Snob. She was a bit weird. She was on the phone to her son, and she started speaking in this cutesy voice saying 'what's the matter? Talk to mumsy', which considering the son was evidently an adult seemed really bizarre. She also talked about how she doesn't understand people who don't buy 'automatic blinds'. She then got off the bus after the altercation with my wife, and proceeded to get back on and sit somewhere else on the bus. I think she thought if she got off, then got back on again, we wouldn't notice it was the same person.

:lol: What?

Nice response from your missus btw.

People who say "mm hmm, mm hmm, yep, mm hmm" or any other sounds of agreement as you are talking to them. How the f**k can they hear what you're saying when they're talking at the same time as you are? 

In fact, just impatient listeners in general. I used to work with a guy who would look at your lips as you were talking and mouth the words as you said them. Then attempt to finish off every sentence you were saying. 

Or c***s who interrupt.

Just people in general really.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

I was talking about a guy I know who does the same thing Deeman, just says hmm and nods his head in agreement when I'm mid sentence, it's fucking awful and he is a nice guy but impossible to want to converse with as he does this all time and it's too annoying for me.

hmm mm yep

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

People who say "mm hmm, mm hmm, yep, mm hmm" or any other sounds of agreement as you are talking to them. How the f**k can they hear what you're saying when they're talking at the same time as you are? 

In fact, just impatient listeners in general. I used to work with a guy who would look at your lips as you were talking and mouth the words as you said them. Then attempt to finish off every sentence you were saying. 

Or c***s who interrupt.

Add to that people who ask a question then don't listen to the answer and feign ignorance when it eventually bites them in the ass

Or c***s who interrupt.

These sound like the people who instead of listening, are actually just waiting on their turn to talk.

Boils my piss.

That's another discussion entirely [emoji33]

My definition of a sport is an activity where you're tested physically and are in competition. By my definition I wouldn't class Snooker, Golf, Darts, WWE, Archery and to a lesser extent Cricket as a sport. WWE would be the most physically demanding of those listed but as it's not competitive it doesn't make my cut.

There should be a sub-category in Sport for these type of 'sports'.

You are normally quite a well reasoned poster, but you've had a nightmare here.

Golf: these guys are hitting a ball 350+ yards off the tee, which requires immense physical strength and technique. They also have to play 4 rounds on consecutive days, so have to have stamina as well.

Cricket: batting requires high levels of coordination, plus strength to hit it far. They then have to consider where the fielders are before sprinting 22 yards a time for a run. It's exhausting. Bowling is hugely physically demanding, particularly for pace bowlers who are sending the ball down at 90mph+. Close fielding requires concentration, agility and high levels of athleticism.

The others you can argue about (except WWE, I'm with MONKMAN on that one).

No.5 to Hunter's Tryst?

Having a terrible job trying to stay on-line, keep having to reconnect to the internet. I've seen over 10 other routers on the connecting list and my connection lasts about 30 seconds. Impossible to get much done.

58 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Having a terrible job trying to stay on-line, keep having to reconnect to the internet. I've seen over 10 other routers on the connecting list and my connection lasts about 30 seconds. Impossible to get much done.

Having the same probl