Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

23 minutes ago, stimpy said:

The bairn getting up at 2am and refusing to go back to bed and I'm on a 14 hour shift today.
Absolutely buckled already, 10 o'clock canna come quick enough.

That's 10.13 now,

Will be glad you're finished then...................

Cockwombles who turn up for an Advanced course who have never even used the software before in their life.

Love this. I went on a Citrix course once that was run in London, it cost about £5k for the week so it was not something you accidentally join - some of the people on it could barely get on the internet never mind set up virtual servers

3 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Love this. I went on a Citrix course once that was run in London, it cost about £5k for the week so it was not something you accidentally join - some of the people on it could barely get on the internet never mind set up virtual servers

I used to work for a technical training company. Most of them will have employers who've paid for the course, and have no idea about the skill set of the staff. You sometimes get the impression that they realise they need someone who "knows Citrix", so pick a course with that word in the title and send along whoever isn't needed for that week.

You have to feel bad for the poor b*****d who's now expected to be the company Citrix guru after five days of everything whizzing way over their head.

On 1/31/2017 at 20:32, The_Kincardine said:

I'm determined to deal with the mushrooming of the unnecessary 'pre' though as it's blighting our lives 

On 4/7/2017 at 09:32, dee_62 said:

Any pre-packed sandwiches

A lassie I work with talked about buying a  'pre-made sandwich' for her lunch today.  She looked askance at me when I said it was just a sandwich.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

A lassie I work with talked about buying a  'pre-made sandwich' for her lunch today.  She looked askance at me when I said it was just a sandwich.

Give it 6 month and some hipster twat will have opened a shop selling 'de-constructed sandwiches';

Bag with two slices of bread, a wee pack of butter and a wee bag of grated cheese and a plastic knife for the butter.

Sell it for probably twice the price of a sandwich next door in the supermarket - and trendy oxygen-thief cockwombles like her will buy them

Had a nice wee walk up towards the Science Park via the Kelvin. I appreciate there are a lot of cyclists going that way so I kept the dug on the leash where appropriate. I don't particularly like cyclists but one came along with one of those lights that could set of an epileptic fit on someone. The absolute c**t was also wearing a hi viz jacket despite it being a perfectly clear day. c**t!

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

those lights that could set of an epileptic fit on someone.

I absolutely despise these things, possibly because I do actually have a form of epilepsy (never in danger of a 'fit-fit', but strip lights are often a pain in the hoop too).

56 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Christian Aid.

Why are they called that? Do they only help Christians?

Reminding us all that they're not just doing it to help the world, but also for a good bit of self-interest.

Unlike "Medecins San Frontieres with all their fornicators and sinners" as a Christian friend of mine said last time we met.  She's currently spreading the word of God out in the arse end of Chad where she wouldn't be otherwise (helping as a doctor to keep them away from the witch-doctor... which many still prefer seeing as her praying as a last line of hope doesn't seem to be helping very much). 

She's turning into more of a hardcore nut-job by the visit to the point I think she's only interested in trying to convert me and I can't be arsed after previously getting on well for 15+ years since meeting through the uni's Ultimate Frisbee Christian's Frisbee Club.  An unfortunate dilemma. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

Crainlarich.

It is signposted in Perth, Glasgow and Stirling as some kind of small town, important and with potential.

Now granted it's beautiful there with Ben More looming close at hand. However it has one shop and barely any houses. A complete piss take. False advertising and signage of somewhere of importance. The singular shop sells lasagne pies too which gives you delayed runs.

The next village along had much more to do, including several cafes and somewhere to fill the car back up. Wherever it is, it deserves more recognition than Crainlies. Which has a train station.... Why? Nobody bloody lives there.

f**k off Crainlarich. Coming out of Stirling from Tesco heading to the Kelpies, there was signage for Perth, yep OK. The M9, yep OK that's where we were going, although no mention of Edinburgh or Glasgow directions. Also Crainlarich. f**k off.

Cuntlies it should be renamed.