Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

*Your.

Anyway, I must concur with the use of mature cheddar. But the make of the cheese is important too. Seriously Strong for example is too crumbly and is a pain to grate, and doesn't mix in well to the sauce. Galloway Mature however is ideal as it's got good flavour and grates well. Tesco Mature is a good one to use as well. I always use a coloured cheddar as well, as whilst a white cheese is tasty, you can sometimes add too much, as with coloured cheddar you can see the sauce change colour which is often a good indicator that a taste is required.

Thanks for the correction, head hanging in shame.

The Aldi/Lidl coloured mature cheddar does me fine, I taste as I go along until I get the desired flavour.  I also add a bayleaf, teaspoon of paprika and plenty of black pepper. Better stop now incase @deej has a stroke.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Vegetable subterfuge is a way life when you have kids.

I make a tremendous tomato/pasta sauce for them that's basically every vegetable under the sun blitzed up with chopped tomatoes and herbs.  Makes a good pizza base sauce too. 

12 minutes ago, milton75 said:

This may be controversial, but I don't like coloured cheddar. I only buy the pale stuff.

^^Cheese racist

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If you eat cheese you're a Bradley h8r m9s.

I can't stand the wee E.T. pussed c**t

53 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Thanks for the correction, head hanging in shame.

The Aldi/Lidl coloured mature cheddar does me fine, I taste as I go along until I get the desired flavour.  I also add a bayleaf, teaspoon of paprika and plenty of black pepper. Better stop now incase @deej has a stroke.

Simmer the milk with a small onion prior to mixing with the roux gives the sauce a nice dimension.

Drivers at mini roundabouts, or circles as they're called here in Dundee. There's one on the Coupar Angus Road that has two lanes and a hatched area on the inside. Simple enough you would think. Wrong. 95 percent of drivers either drive through half the inside lane and half through the hatched area or cut through both lanes.

Means if I stick to the inside lane as per the Highway Code I'm at risk of getting clattered every time I attempt to negotiate it...  

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cauliflower cheese is fucking tremendous.

As are Eggs Mornay (boiled eggs in a cheese sauce for all you peasant types).

Fucking sue me.

I read that as eggs Moray as in eggs boiled in moray cup and I wouldn't put it past you.

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

My mum made me sit in silence and watch the news all morning whilst telling me how important it was.

I fucking hated it.

I was delighted to learn princess Di had died. I had spent the Saturday tripping in the woods with my pals, only emerging at 7am as I had a shift for a catering agency lined up for the Sunday.

When the agency phoned early to say the event was cancelled I had no idea why, until the boy on the phone told me she was pan breid. 

Still feeling spacey I hung up the phone, turned on the telly and said "ya fucking beauty" as the news showed the scenes of mourning outside Buckingham palace. My mam told me I was out of order, but I couldn't really tell her the real reason I was so chuffed.

A carry out was promptly procured and my pals and I toasted princess Di with each can opened. 

I like to think that drink driving actually saved a life that day; mine.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Eggy eggy sugary sugary.

Anyway, update on the interview candidate: Grotbags lookalike, 0/10.

I always thought Grotbags' crocodile pal was quite sexy. Think it was the big long mouth. Quite suggestive. 

Eta - the eyelashes too

15268.jpg

Edited by Shandon Par

2 hours ago, eddiemunster said:

I had spent the Saturday tripping in the woods with my pals, only emerging at 7am as I had a shift for a catering agency lined up for the Sunday.

You're a martyr to your profession.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Went to a new local bar. Ordered a couple of pints and it was 3 quid more than the local Wetherspoon. Won't be back. 

Insult to injury, was looking at menu outside and a bird shit on me!! Fukin 53 year old and shit on for the first time in my life  outside a fukin rip off poncey pub.:lol:

Went to a new local bar. Ordered a couple of pints and it was 3 quid more than the local Wetherspoon. Won't be back. 
Insult to injury, was looking at menu outside and a bird shit on me!! Fukin 53 year old and shit on for the first time in my life  outside a fukin rip off poncey pub.:lol:

How much, out of interest? Since moving back to Edinburgh I've been a bit shocked by beer prices here.