Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

He's a steward. Don't know the company, seems to be pretty standard behaviour here tho.
I'll be taking my break elsewhere from now on.

That's the stuff, run away*

*confront the c**t you arsehole.

18 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Having a coffee on my break and some twat comes in, takes off his shoes and puts his feet on the table right next to my cup.

Surely this is punishable by death? I just gave him a look and quietly seethed to myself.

Well that told him. Burn the c**t. If you are too scared of confrontation say you did it by accident. 

Play chicken with him. Take your shoes and tousers off and put your feet up next to him.

On 27/08/2017 at 13:09, Tynieness said:

what about the fact that evidence points to the dangerous chemicals being present on a smokers clothing for hours after smoking, are you going to burn the patients clothes and shower them before they return to the ward.

:lol:

Can I have a link to this evidence please?

1) When folk aren't miserable enough to keep this thread in the GN top ten.

2) Hotels that give you the whole 'Save the Planet' spiel yet still replace the towels despite you hanging them back up as requested.

So basically all hotels.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1496490/lidl-edinburgh-maggot-inside-pistachios/

Stories like this in the newspapers, people finding spiders and stuff in their bananas or salad and being 'shocked'. Yes I'm sure it's not too pleasant to find them but where do people think their food comes from? It was likely crawling with insects while it was growing. Also who eats a pasta salad and nuts for lunch, f**k off mate and have pizza and chips like everyone else!

Edited by Torpar

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1496490/lidl-edinburgh-maggot-inside-pistachios/
Stories like this in the newspapers, people finding spiders and stuff in their bananas or salad and being 'shocked'. Yes I'm sure it's not too pleasant to find them but where do people think their food comes from? It was likely crawling with insects while it was growing. Also who eats a pasta salad and nuts for lunch, f**k off mate and have pizza and chips like everyone else!

The only similar thing I can remember is when a weird looking Beatle, that didn't look like any I had seen before, crawled out of a ready to eat salad I had bought from (I think) Somerfield. I caught the Beatle and took the bag back to the shop to explain what happened and they gave me vouchers as an apology, which I thought was nice of them as all I really wanted was a replacement salad. They also took my details. A couple of weeks later they phoned me up to tell me about the Beatle as they sent it somewhere for analysis, it was something not native to the UK and was somewhat interesting and I quite appreciated the phone call. Never felt shocked or inclined to go to the papers or anything like that though. I think finding it mildly unpleasant is about as
much of a negative reaction as I can remember.

The only similar thing I can remember is when a weird looking Beatle, that didn't look like any I had seen before, crawled out of a ready to eat salad I had bought from (I think) Somerfield. I caught the Beatle and took the bag back to the shop to explain what happened and they gave me vouchers as an apology, which I thought was nice of them as all I really wanted was a replacement salad. They also took my details. A couple of weeks later they phoned me up to tell me about the Beatle as they sent it somewhere for analysis, it was something not native to the UK and was somewhat interesting and I quite appreciated the phone call. Never felt shocked or inclined to go to the papers or anything like that though. I think finding it mildly unpleasant is about as

Saving your posts as remedy for insomnia

19 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

This happened to me as well. I was on my way to Morganville, which was what they called Shelbyville back in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days nickels had pictures of bees on them. "Gimme five bees for a quarter" you'd say.

Was it Ringo Starr?

People who refuse to answer a question with a simple "yes", deciding to come out with some story that eventually agrees with what you were saying ten minutes later. Rather shortened example:

"Are you meeting Laura tomorrow?"

"I've got to go the bank in the morning to cash a cheque, then I'm meeting up with Sarah on my way out to Inverurie to drop off a parcel there. I might stop off at Morrisons to get a couple of things before heading back, think we need some toothpaste and some rolls for my lunch tomorrow, and then I'm going over to Laura's on my way back. Jen might be coming along later with a couple of folk from her work".

So yes then.