Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Moomintroll

Happen every time QoS kick off as well. Drives me off my nut.

Mine for today is folk who play 5's that have absolutely no concept of how to play football. Just to be clear, I'm not even close to being a great 5s player and folk who take 5s dead serious equally piss me off. But folk who have no clue about football have no place in there. Was playing last night and a guy turned up that hasn't been before. He couldn't pass with his left foot and could only kick with the inside of his right; but he spent most of the time on the left. So whenever he tried to pass he had to completely turn his body so as to hit it with the inside of his boot. The other team picked up on it in no time and more often than not he lost it. He couldn't do any basics. And yet he stayed out wide or up top. After 10 minutes he was blowing out of his arse. Literally bent over gasping for breath. He spent about 25 minutes of the hour doing this. What was worse is he wouldn't go in goal when he was like this. He just stood at the side bent over. He was as good use as no use even when he was up. His lack of tracking back/marking was also infuriating. When he eventually went in goal he didn't seem to realise ylu were supposed to stop the ball from going in; actually diving away from the ball. 3 shots in the space of 2/3 minutes resulted in 3 goals and the c**t deciding to come back outfield! He then fucked off to the front of the pitch for 5 minutes to have a drink and when another team mate went to pass to him he put his hand up as if to say not the now! All that stuff is pretty petty but the real issue/worry with these folk is their attempts at tackles. There were a couple that were red card offences if it was a real game.

Needless to say I was fizzing (internally).

f**k, was i playing 5s last night? Must have been really drunk (wasn't me but that does sound familiar).

Just now, Rugster said:

You only work a few hours a day, why do you need to take a charger in?

Oi! I worked for two and a half hours today. But I had a training course for another hour and a half.

I forgot to charge it last night so had to take the charger in too.

I keep seeing articles about how it’s such a shame this generation will miss out on certain things...like doing housework properly and having piles of vinyl records.

Total nostalgic pish. Who the f**k really thinks that anyone would miss doing the dishes or hoovering if they didn’t have to?

40 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I keep seeing articles about how it’s such a shame this generation will miss out on certain things...like doing housework properly and having piles of vinyl records.

Total nostalgic pish. Who the f**k really thinks that anyone would miss doing the dishes or hoovering if they didn’t have to?

I can understand the nostalgia about vinyl records as unlike today, you didn't have immediate access to listen to a song or an album unless it came on the radio or TV.

Buying the vinyl in itself became a pastime in that you'd go down to the record shop on a Saturday and listen to loads of songs before deciding which one to buy. 

The artists would also be pretty creative with the sleeves of the vinyl which gave you something tangible. Probably the reason people from this era always remember their first record. It's just changing behaviour due to changing technology. 

Totally with you on shit like housework though.

5 hours ago, sjc said:

I can understand the nostalgia about vinyl records as unlike today, you didn't have immediate access to listen to a song or an album unless it came on the radio or TV.

Buying the vinyl in itself became a pastime in that you'd go down to the record shop on a Saturday and listen to loads of songs before deciding which one to buy. 

The artists would also be pretty creative with the sleeves of the vinyl which gave you something tangible. Probably the reason people from this era always remember their first record. It's just changing behaviour due to changing technology. 

Totally with you on shit like housework though.

The deep joy when you bought an album and discovered that it also had a lyric  sheet.

I do the dishes. No real hassle.

Having music so freely available lessens its value and importance. I have also moved into that middle-age tragedy zone where I have no Scooby about any modern music. Moby and The Strokes are modern for me. I found a playlist on Apple tunes the other day which I recognised as 'modern'. It was from 2002.

Hoovering is a necessary evil but thankfully I have a wife for that.

Work. Or more specifically recruitment / resignation of people you line manage at work.

When someone you line manage leaves your work and your boss says they don't expect you to do the job of the person who has left. Then your boss describes tasks they want you to complete which are the job of the person who has left.

I hate work. I want to be retired or at least just have a diddy job back close to home that I don't have to care two fucks about.

I'm already working on an exit plan.

18 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I do the dishes. No real hassle.

Having music so freely available lessens its value and importance. I have also moved into that middle-age tragedy zone where I have no Scooby about any modern music. Moby and The Strokes are modern for me. I found a playlist on Apple tunes the other day which I recognised as 'modern'. It was from 2002.

Hoovering is a necessary evil but thankfully I have a wife for that.

When Doris demands you fix the hoover because it's stopped picking up. Well if you'd fucking picked up the kids socks first ....

When Doris demands you fix the hoover because it's stopped picking up. Well if you'd fucking picked up the kids socks first ....

Yep. That's a regular occurrence. Remove bits of paper, hair, toys and clean filters which have never been cleaned. But she does the hoovering.

I buy CDs.

Me too, I'm not an audiophile but I can hear a massive difference (especially in the car) between CD and MP3. I try and source the album/song in FLAC if the CD is not available.

Agree that music has been watered down since streaming. There was something special about listening to an album the way the artist wanted you too.

Used to love spending hours in Sleeves/23rd Precinct on a Saturday before the football.

I've still got all my vinyl in the loft and CD's on shelves after 20 odd years. I don't think my digital music will last that long - Hard drives don't last forever.