Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Supermarket rotisserie chicken.  Smells brilliant in the shop but is tasteless, overcooked and has the texture of wet cotton wool when you actually eat it.

I always think they are overpriced as well. They over cook them as they need to be so careful with poultry so they cook them considerably past the legal minimums, then tend to keep them in a holding oven which dries them out. Much better just buying a chicken and sticking it in an oven for an hour and a half yourself.

I was in Tesco a few weeks ago getting some beers, and I was hungry and as I was walking past the deli bit I saw 10 chicken nuggets reduced to 30p. I ate 3, the rest went in the bin. Dry and hard. (Fnnarr)

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Supermarket rotisserie chicken.  Smells brilliant in the shop but is tasteless, overcooked and has the texture of wet cotton wool when you actually eat it.

I once saw someone in the Lochee odeon eating a whole cooked chicken they had bought in Willie Lows next door.

They are fine for soup and sandwiches, I wouldnt serve it up for Sunday lunch

I was in Tesco a few weeks ago getting some beers, and I was hungry and as I was walking past the deli bit I saw 10 chicken nuggets reduced to 30p. I ate 3, the rest went in the bin. Dry and hard. (Fnnarr)

Shocking behavior.

That would have been a single parent’s dinner.

I used to like tearing into one of them when hungover. Tasty, yet meets hangover requirements of simple flavours and less than 3 ingredients.

We had someone in our college class who regularly would walk to Tesco, purchase one and spend the afternoon in class picking away at it.

People who have contactless cards and always insert their card into the reader.

With me it was a slight crack that stopped contactless from working. Pain in the hole

I find it mildly annoying when I try to use contactless but it's a contactlessless machine and I've just put my card at the top of the reader like an idiot.

I also overheard an older woman in a shop ask the guy 'are you touch ready?' He looked at her curiously and she pointed to her card. He nodded and she said 'I'll just go ahead and touch it then.'

I normally just tap my wallet on the card reader.

Went to the local shop for stuff and later Aldi. My usual wallet tap worked fine in the local shop but wouldn't work at all in Aldi. I forgot I still had my wife's credit card in my wallet.

I'm sure I read that if the machine detects two or more contactless payments it won't work. Which one was used for the local shop ?