Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Pro Patria Mori

To get back to the title....what I hate, and I've seen it on plenty of messageboards in my time, is those internet hardmen who throw around insults from the comfort of their computer desk and say things they would never have the balls to say to someone's face. It appears to be prevailent here judging by a lot of the posts I have read but there's no names, no pack drill as I don't know anyone on this board well enough to be casting any specific aspersions. Yet.....

This fucking site lately is a petty thing getting on my fucking nerves.

Honest to Christ, it's like primary school. some folk have to take a look in the mirror at themselves. Yes, the O RLY thread was BRIEFLY amusing. But it turned sour as a hell of a lot of folk started picking on ONE fucking guy for joining in with what everyone else was doing. Guy in their 30s and 40s are telling a guy in his late 20s to grow up and act his age! ACT HIS FUCKING AGE!!! HE IS DOING THE SAME b*****d THING AS THE LOT OF OF YOU AND IS A DECADE YOUR JUNIOUR!!!!!!

If you are going to have a bit of a laugh and a joke, fair enough, but Jesus Christ, stop turning it into a playground pointing and laughing match everytime the poor guy joins in. You can't have it all your own way. It is as much his site to roam as it is yours.

I have tried the hands off approach since starting this over 2 months ago. But to be honest with you, this fucking job is more than it's worth. (By the way, for Me, Radford, Big Loon, Bryan and the rest.....it's worth nothing! We do it on our time, to try and make this site a better place) But it seems like we are fighting a fucking uphill battle here with some of you. I am at the end of my tether with it, I don't mind moderating this site, but when you have to come on and at least try and regulate a bunch of 20-somethings acting like a group of uncivilised c***s who have just learned to operate a PC for the very first time. It becomes irritating.

So please, for fucks sake, a little more courtesy. Stop harrasing folk for no reason, stop starting new fucking threads to get old ones re-opened, when the were closed with due explanation and try and act least act like the semi-civilised bunch of folk who were at the 5s.

"Very, very, loud applause"

Well said.

This fucking site lately is a petty thing getting on my fucking nerves.

Honest to Christ, it's like primary school. some folk have to take a look in the mirror at themselves. Yes, the O RLY thread was BRIEFLY amusing. But it turned sour as a hell of a lot of folk started picking on ONE fucking guy for joining in with what everyone else was doing. Guy in their 30s and 40s are telling a guy in his late 20s to grow up and act his age! ACT HIS FUCKING AGE!!! HE IS DOING THE SAME b*****d THING AS THE LOT OF OF YOU AND IS A DECADE YOUR JUNIOUR!!!!!!

If you are going to have a bit of a laugh and a joke, fair enough, but Jesus Christ, stop turning it into a playground pointing and laughing match everytime the poor guy joins in. You can't have it all your own way. It is as much his site to roam as it is yours.

I have tried the hands off approach since starting this over 2 months ago. But to be honest with you, this fucking job is more than it's worth. (By the way, for Me, Radford, Big Loon, Bryan and the rest.....it's worth nothing! We do it on our time, to try and make this site a better place) But it seems like we are fighting a fucking uphill battle here with some of you. I am at the end of my tether with it, I don't mind moderating this site, but when you have to come on and at least try and regulate a bunch of 20-somethings acting like a group of uncivilised c***s who have just learned to operate a PC for the very first time. It becomes irritating.

So please, for fucks sake, a little more courtesy. Stop harrasing folk for no reason, stop starting new fucking threads to get old ones re-opened, when the were closed with due explanation and try and act least act like the semi-civilised bunch of folk who were at the 5s.

So will you be issuing out warnings and closing threads by the barrowload then?

Edited by MTJ

So will you be issuing out warnings and closing threads by the barrowload then?

Tell me where in that post I have even hinted at that? The bit you highlighted, has been my attitude since becoming a moderator, but where in that post did I say my attitude is going to change?

I merely voiced my displeasure at current goings on. And you evidently missed the point I have been making by quite some distance.

Tell me where in that post I have even hinted at that? The bit you highlighted, has been my attitude since becoming a moderator, but where in that post did I say my attitude is going to change?

I merely voiced my displeasure at current goings on. And you evidently missed the point I have been making by quite some distance.

Calm down, who rattled your cage tonight?!

Guest Adam Wee

I have to say that I am starting to feel quite sorry for Southstander. Fair enough with the insults when he was making up a new username every five minutes but it is just getting a little tiring (Christ, I can't believe it's even got to the point where I am defending him!)

Lots of regular posters are being driven away from the board in their dozens because of what it has turned into recently, a fucking school playground <_<

I have been guilty more than most for handing out insults and digs but to just constantly bully him for NO reason now is really tiring. If you don't like someone, OK, we get it! No need to keep doing it constant!

What has happened to the days where you would be able to come in pished and have a good chat with others in your situation on the booze thread. I was reading through some posts from December last year, and boy, has the board changed for the worst!

FWIW, I wouldn't be a Mod on here if you had a gun to my head!

The amount of moaning, greeting faced bastarts on here is almost unbearable.

I like having a laugh and winding folk up on here (It's the only thing I do, serious conversation and I will be nowhere near it!) but there is a line.

I have to say that I am starting to feel quite sorry for Southstander. Fair enough with the insults when he was making up a new username every five minutes but it is just getting a little tiring (Christ, I can't believe it's even got to the point where I am defending him!)

Lots of regular posters are being driven away from the board in their dozens because of what it has turned into recently, a fucking school playground <_<

I have been guilty more than most for handing out insults and digs but to just constantly bully him for NO reason now is really tiring. If you don't like someone, OK, we get it! No need to keep doing it constant!

What has happened to the days where you would be able to come in pished and have a good chat with others in your situation on the booze thread. I was reading through some posts from December last year, and boy, has the board changed for the worst!

FWIW, I wouldn't be a Mod on here if you had a gun to my head!

The amount of moaning, greeting faced bastarts on here is almost unbearable.

I like having a laugh and winding folk up on here (It's the only thing I do, serious conversation and I will be nowhere near it!) but there is a line.

I thought that too

I know plenty of people who were there and would account for him not getting any of this abuse to his face. Bunch of hypocrites, you especially. Will talk about the guy behind his back but will you say it to his face? No. Therefore you have absolutely zero right to say anything.

Yet another fucking 'my Uncle told me' post. :angry: