Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Moomintroll
I should've been clearer but I wasn't expecting a cross-examination. I bought them yesterday, the 8th. I realised an hour ago they were dated the 9th, today. Hence the midnight deadline. Shops selling food that goes out of date in 6 hours are effectively selling out of date food. It's a scurrilous practice. All my other items are dated until the middle of next week so can be eaten at my leisure. Not under this intense pressure.
They really aren't. There is a massive difference between best before dates and use by dates. People need to learn that there are no food safety issues there.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, WeWereThePeople said:
I should've been clearer but I wasn't expecting a cross-examination. I bought them yesterday, the 8th. I realised an hour ago they were dated the 9th, today. Hence the midnight deadline. Shops selling food that goes out of date in 6 hours are effectively selling out of date food. It's a scurrilous practice. All my other items are dated until the middle of next week so can be eaten at my leisure. Not under this intense pressure.

They really aren't. There is a massive difference between best before dates and use by dates. People need to learn that there are no food safety issues there.

I'm still using a bag of Turmeric that went out of date in 2014. And my Bisto granules are older then some players in the SPFL. Use by is a load of shite as well.

If it's brown, drink it down smelling OK, eat away. If it's black, send it back smelling like pee, get it in the fucking sea.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Hmm. Interesting.

I'm curious if it works with folk babbling over the top, or if it will always match to Scatman John.

I kid you not. I spent many years going to night clubs and gigs where I heard the greatest tune I have ever heard for years, never to hear these tunes again. Now I barely go out a couple of times a year and I can wake up the next day and know exactly what the best tunes of the night were. It's how I get my next DJ set sorted.

It works for me even though House/Techno is various beeps, so therefore I imagine if you're Shazaming the latest Bronski Beat, Erasure or Pet Shop Boys tracks the technology will give you fantastic results.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm still using a bag of Turmeric that went out of date in 2014. And my Bisto granules are older then some players in the SPFL. Use by is a load of shite as well.

If it's brown, drink it down smelling OK, eat away. If it's black, send it back smelling like pee, get it in the fucking sea.

Also if it's the 8th and you buy food dated for the 9th don't complain about the shop selling stuff that's out of date.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Also if it's the 8th and you buy food dated for the 9th don't complain about the shop selling stuff that's out of date.

^^^Doesn't even rhyme. 

I'll sort it:

Buy food dated 9th on day number 8?

Don't complain that it's out of date.

Could we briefly digress to “naked Polish birds”? Just back from a late gym/swim/sauna and misty eyed members told me that had I been along earlier this evening there were two “model standard” “naked Polish birds” in the sauna. 

I've been struggling to find a genuine sauna in Edinburgh. Where do you go?

1 hour ago, MeadowArab said:

I've been struggling to find a genuine sauna in Edinburgh. Where do you go?

Dalmahoy - not exactly in town but handy for me.

Dalry swim centre has two saunas too.

The One Spa at the Sheraton has an amazing thermal suite and outdoor rooftop heated pool but it costs a fortune. 

2 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Why don't microwaves have a silent setting. I don't need to wake the whole household up at 5.30am

Have you got a long electrical extension cable? Take yourself and the microwave to the bottom of the garden/street/stair and do your microwaving there.

I once did that with an old microwave and took it to the garden and filled it with metal stuff and watched it explode. It was fun.

I used to work for a now defunct TV rental company and as an apprentice got paid to smash TV screens with a sledgehammer, which would invariably implode. In a skip. I have never topped this in a work related sense. Deeply satisfying.

ETA the televisions would implode not the hammer.

I used to work for a now defunct TV rental company and as an apprentice got paid to smash TV screens with a sledgehammer, which would invariably implode. In a skip. I have never topped this in a work related sense. Deeply satisfying.

Have you ever worked in an abattoir?