Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Problems sorted - we have one company doing all of the work. To remove the old bathroom suite, old shower, replace waste pipework, fit new bathroom suite, new electric shower, fix the plaster on the walls and do the tiling, it's coming in at £841.50 - a reduction from the initial price because we're allowing them to bring an apprentice up for the installation of the suite.

I suggested they would just cut away the two big holes of bad plasterboard, and pop new bits into it but my dad said they couldn't do that. I should have known he was talking rubbish after watching the way he tried to remove tiles from the wall before me showing him how to do it. :rolleyes::lol:

We're having my uncle fit the new kitchen (he did our last one) and all of the new wood that's going around doors and floors so the kitchen should come in hopefully a bit cheaper than the bathroom has.

I could have got you a nice discount on a shiny new kitchen ;)

Seriously, yes i am majorly sure - i have been caughing non stop due to it and i think ruptured something whilst doing so cos there is now blood being spewed :(

You should probably think about going to the Dr if blood is being spewed :huh::o

Seriously, yes i am majorly sure - i have been caughing non stop due to it and i think ruptured something whilst doing so cos there is now blood being spewed :(

You should probably think about going to the Dr if blood is being spewed :huh::o (and lay off the aspirin too)

edited to add :- could still be alcohol poisoning :o

Edited by bluetooner

Actually, I'll extend this: I really, really dislike people who cannot use a language correctly. It's unfair of me, and snobbish, but that's the way it is. People who cannot communicate in either one of written or spoken word (as I understand that some people who suffer from, say, dyslexia, are actually very structured and eloquent when speaking in person, and vice versa for some with speech troubles) are a source of constant annoyance to me.

The word "outwith." It's without! Nobody says "inwith", so why is it reversed in the case of without?

contradicting posts get right on my wick :P

:lol:

All at work are respecitbly married actually. Or 75% are.

However, out of my group of pals, you could be correct on two occasions!

My nag - I am seriously ill, i have the flu. it's the worst i have ever had, barely got enough energy to sit at the pc but i can't sleep and i couldn't take today off (due to being seen in the pub last night absolutely shteamin and workload) and tomorrow there is no hope in hell of me being able to stay off. Bring on wednesday!

I've been sickl 6 times since i got in at 6pm! :(

Not meaning this as a dig at you, Hazel, but why go into your work if you have the 'flu?

A couple of months ago, a person we have at work who, shall we say, would bring an apple in for the boss if he could, came in with the 'flu. He lasted for 4 hours, then the boss' boss came in and told him in no uncertain terms to get out of the building.

Over the next couple of days, we lost 8 folk in our department to the 'flu for four or five days each. Now, fair enough there was a bug going around, but coming into work when choked with the 'flu so you can cough and sneeze germs over everyone else doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Not meaning this as a dig at you, Hazel, but why go into your work if you have the 'flu?

A couple of months ago, a person we have at work who, shall we say, would bring an apple in for the boss if he could, came in with the 'flu. He lasted for 4 hours, then the boss' boss came in and told him in no uncertain terms to get out of the building.

Over the next couple of days, we lost 8 folk in our department to the 'flu for four or five days each. Now, fair enough there was a bug going around, but coming into work when choked with the 'flu so you can cough and sneeze germs over everyone else doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

I see where you're coming from Gaz but in a lot of places it's not as simple as not going in when you're ill. Indeed many places would rather you went in and they sent you home than you just not go in at all.

A lot of places have tolerance levels and once they're breached, people can find themselves on oral/written warning due to one bad period of sick leave. So as to avoid having that on their record, many people go in even though they'll freely admit they shouldn't be in.