Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

One of the controlling companies/families/political influences of the Philippines and a big part of the problems they are trying to overcome.

Indeed!

And Duterte continues to send out mixed signals by promoting guys with previous corruption allegations against them into senior positions?

P.S. I do like the San Mig Lights though!

Edited by hk blues

Indeed!

And Duterte continues to send out mixed signals by promoting guys with previous corruption allegations against them into senior positions?

P.S. I do like the San Mig Lights though!

Despite his 'hard' stance, he really has done nothing (probably can't) to break the dynastys.

And it rumbles on. Marcos for VP on a 2 year old recount?

San Mig light is a really easy and enjoyable beer. Super Dry is also nice.

No idea where the original M&S comment came from.

9 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Despite his 'hard' stance, he really has done nothing (probably can't) to break the dynastys.

I suppose this is what we both suspected would be the case when he was elected.  The system is so ingrained and, to be frank, the population are in the main OK with it.  It's a classic case of keep the people down and worrying about where the next meal is coming from to ensure they have no interest in challenging the status quo.  He has good intentions, but seems to be falling short in terms of making change happen.  The recent release of 2 major drug-lords is a typical example of how things are - apparently Duterte punched a hole in his office wall when he heard.  At least he fired the Chief Justice Secretary but not much else he can do.

Still...the San Migs are nice n cheap!

I suppose this is what we both suspected would be the case when he was elected.  The system is so ingrained and, to be frank, the population are in the main OK with it.  It's a classic case of keep the people down and worrying about where the next meal is coming from to ensure they have no interest in challenging the status quo.  He has good intentions, but seems to be falling short in terms of making change happen.  The recent release of 2 major drug-lords is a typical example of how things are - apparently Duterte punched a hole in his office wall when he heard.  At least he fired the Chief Justice Secretary but not much else he can do.
Still...the San Migs are nice n cheap!

All the above, 100%. You get the government(s) you deserve. For me all falls back to religion and education (lack of).

Funnily I was speaking to someone attached to one of the European embassies in Manila who have had close interaction with Duterte yesterday. The belief is he is serious unwell and is on some very strong medication which they attribute to his mad outbursts and the feeling is he hasn't got to long to go before he dies. They also said that he actually comes across a well spoken and intelligent person in meetings and the foul mouthed, slang talking public persona is much of an act.

Whether true or not who knows, but would make sense of Marcos' challenge for VP.

Im over on Monday to Manila, so guaranteed sone catastrophe of sorts as always.

Thougbt you would be on to Red Horse or Gold eagle by now!

6 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

And it rumbles on. Marcos for VP on a 2 year old recount?

San Mig light is a really easy and enjoyable beer. Super Dry is also nice.

No idea where the original M&S comment came from.

I expect that it was a joke about San Miguel meaning St Michael.

Not as funny as the oligarchy and murderous dictator material admittedly.

23 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Thougbt you would be on to Red Horse or Gold eagle by now!

I've not gone native yet!  Red Horse isn't bad but does have a kick so it's well named.  Gold Eagle - not  a fan t.b.h.

Wife, but especially MIL have an annoying habit of calling things beautiful. This is pretty petty tbf, but its everything.

Like "got a top from ASDA yesterday its absolutely beautiful"

Well its from ASDA, so thats unlikely.

It was recently applied to a new wallet. Now for me, for something as everyday and boring as a wallet to be classed as beautiful, you are probably talking a handmade effort, made from the finest leather etc. Emporio Armanis latest effort just doesnt qualify

Wife, but especially MIL have an annoying habit of calling things beautiful. This is pretty petty tbf, but its everything.

Like "got a top from ASDA yesterday its absolutely beautiful"

Well its from ASDA, so thats unlikely.

It was recently applied to a new wallet. Now for me, for something as everyday and boring as a wallet to be classed as beautiful, you are probably talking a handmade effort, made from the finest leather etc. Emporio Armanis latest effort just doesnt qualify

She described my shaft as beautiful the other night.

I’ll send you a pm so you can decide for yourself.

I hope it’s not like the last PM you sent me. I opened that in work. Waiting for the tap on the shoulder from the IT Department and my P45!

I hope it’s not like the last PM you sent me. I opened that in work. Waiting for the tap on the shoulder from the IT Department and my P45!

Yeah that’s the one! Thanks for replying btw.