Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Moomintroll
Watch them patiently and see where they disappear into some crack or something. Pour bleach down it and put salt down all the way to your house, just in case some survive, you fucking monster!
Have watched, no idea except for a tiny gap in the skirting, would need a syringe to get bleach down there. Im not a monster, im just misunderstood.

Have watched, no idea except for a tiny gap in the skirting, would need a syringe to get bleach down there. Im not a monster, im just misunderstood.
If you have ant powder then mix it with water and let it seep into cracks they are coming out of. It will bring the poison deeper into the nest hopefully. Saves having messy powder lying around if there are kids or pets around and any excess can be wiped up easily.
Also they don't like being stood on so If you do a bit tap dancing on them they may decide to go elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

Ants, many ants in my kitchen, no idea where the f**kers are coming from or how to get rid. Any advice outwith heating being turned up and windows being opened would be helpful. Already took the kettle to all flagstone cracks outside, didn't work.

Do you know anyone that has an Aardvark?

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Ants, many ants in my kitchen, no idea where the f**kers are coming from or how to get rid. Any advice outwith heating being turned up and windows being opened would be helpful. Already took the kettle to all flagstone cracks outside, didn't work.

put one of these in a place that you see them 

Two things here. Firstly, ant powder is what you need. It comes in self contained traps which the ants go into, then drag powder about with them. I believe ants also carry dead ants either into, or out of the nest nut either way this also helps to spread the death.

Secondly, if you are toiling with the morality of using chemicals to senselessly murder this number of living beings, simply deploy whichever media outlet you normally use as your mouthpiece, and declare loudly that the Russians did it. I do not believe lack of evidence would be an issue either.

9 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I dont know this Anthony Powder chap but thanks for your advice Mozza, one more thing, if i dont know where the wee f**kers are coming from then where should i lay down said deterrent?

Stay up tonight and follow them back to their den.

Guest Moomintroll

After reviewing all the helpful advice, I am going to purchase many chemicals & hope I dont accidentally poison myself in the process.

11 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
12 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Watch them patiently and see where they disappear into some crack or something. Pour bleach down it and put salt down all the way to your house, just in case some survive, you fucking monster!

9 hours ago, ajwffc said:

put one of these in a place that you see them 

The Falkirk member is spot on. Those traps are very effective. Or, do what my granny used to do an pour boiling water over them. She did it for the hell of it, lifting slabs an stones in the garden looking for defenceless insects to boil alive. 

On 14/04/2018 at 11:45, throbber said:

I didn’t mind putting a bet on for her but it turned out to be her partner and some of his family and I ended up having to put bets on for 6 people on my William hill account. My girlfriend didn’t understand why I was annoyed about it and said they wouldn’t know how to put a bet on for themselves but I don’t accept that for a second, if you can do online shopping and use Facebook then putting a fucking horse on shouldn’t be beyond you!

I'm with you on this. My old flat mate used to put on 4 absolutely ridiculous 14-16 team coupons every week for 50p each bet. He would run down to the bookies each week and I questioned why he wouldn't just do it on his phone like every other sensible human being who isn't a 60-something raging gambler, he said he enjoyed going to the bookies, fair enough I suppose.  A few weeks later though he'd claim he couldn't be arsed walking to the bookies and asked me if I could put on his bets for him. Stupidly I agreed and the following weeks he continued requesting this. He had all the capabilities to do it himself but then started saying he couldn't trust himself to only bet once a week if he had it on his phone.  "I don't see the problem" was often wheeled out. The problem is that when I don't have money in my account and you want to place ridiculous bets worth £2 I need to deposit £5, so I end up betting £3 of my own money which I had no intention of using. 

13 hours ago, Cerberus said:

This is very petty but when people wear loose flip flops and they make that slapping sound against their feet.

Just stop it.

I would happily endure this petty problem right now, it's the 16th of April and I had to wear my snow boots into work this morning. 

11 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

A college lecturer (£40k for a 42 week year) telling me how many days it is until her next holiday. This is her first day back after 2 weeks off.

That's grim, likes. f**k working for 42 weeks a year.

14 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Just seen a lady walk past a bin and throw her rubbish under it :blink:

Don't want to waste a valuable second opening the lid and putting trash into it I suppose

How does anyone shit under a bin?

Wondering how the lady who gently dropped a cat rat in the bin is getting on.