Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Checked the online account and it's right.
Not bothered about the reduction, just an absolute shitebag way to do it.
i recently got an enail saying that my £2k overdraft was approved. ive never had or applied for an overdraft so called the bank and it was a con. seemed legit aswell

Yesterday I was two hours late getting home due to some idiot taking a woman hostage and setting a girl on fire.

Today my train to Amsterdam is over an hour late due to a collision somewhere. I'm on my way to an office party. Should I just get on it???

Yesterday I was two hours late getting home due to some idiot taking a woman hostage and setting a girl on fire.

Today my train to Amsterdam is over an hour late due to a collision somewhere. I'm on my way to an office party. Should I just get on it???
Sorry, what?! f**k the office party bit, what the hell's going on in the first paragraph?

13 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Why on earth are you wasting your time phoning if you aren't bothered?

It fucks me off that it has been handled this way. While it doesn't bother me on this occasion, it does concern me that it might happen again at a time where it will be an issue and I might not be quite so laid back.

Regardless of the organisation, sending out emails that might require dealing with a response, and then immediately fucking off is the act of a total c**t.

"C*nts at work thread for this pish"

Missus and I have been looking to buy a house for the last year or so. Market over here is nothing like as fast as in the UK and you definitely have to be a lot more patient. Viewed a place about 5 months back that I liked, but the missus wouldn't consider because it fell outside the area she wants to buy in. When I say "Fell outside", it was literally a 100m walk to the parts she is on about.

Anyway, long story short, the house sold not long after. She is finally starting to open her eyes to the market here and how far our budget will get us. The end result is that the other night she said to me"We should have bought that place you liked". I've been a seething mess since.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

It fucks me off that it has been handled this way. While it doesn't bother me on this occasion, it does concern me that it might happen again at a time where it will be an issue and I might not be quite so laid back.

Regardless of the organisation, sending out emails that might require dealing with a response, and then immediately fucking off is the act of a total c**t.

"C*nts at work thread for this pish"

Surely phoning in the morning is not an issue?

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Surely phoning in the morning is not an issue?

Surely them contacting you during office hours to say they are changing the limit with immediate effect would have been simpler? Or giving some advance warning as to when the change would occur, rather than imposing it immediately.

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Surely them contacting you during office hours to say they are changing the limit with immediate effect would have been simpler? Or giving some advance warning as to when the change would occur, rather than imposing it immediately.

It's probably one department dealing with the communication to customers and another dealing with the actions to be taken.  I agree with you that they should give notice of such a change though - If you're bothered you can check the T&Cs of your card and it will state the terms of any changes, I'd imagine.  

44 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I expect it's been done deliberately so that the lines aren't jammed with complaining "customers" in a ragey. Most folk will have calmed down by the morning. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I expect it's been done deliberately so that the lines aren't jammed with complaining "customers" in a ragey. Most folk will have calmed down by the morning. 

The queue on the line this morning suggested that may not have been the case!