Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Folk that get all upset if you say something like "fancy going for lunch, I'm starving", replying with "if you want to know what starving is then go to Ethiopia (blah blah blah blah blah)".

It's a figure of speech you imbeciles. 

50 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Folk that get all upset if you say something like "fancy going for lunch, I'm starving", replying with "if you want to know what starving is then go to Ethiopia (blah blah blah blah blah)".

In a similar vein, when someone asks Jose Mourinho if he's feeling the pressure and he retorts with something like "there are people who struggle to put food on the table every day, that is pressure". Yes Jose, we realise that pressure can be of varying levels for different circumstances, but we're talking about the pressure on your football team to win a match, not the failure of governments around the world to help the needy.

43 minutes ago, coprolite said:

No wonder the high street is dying.

I was in Stonehaven yesterday afternoon and the majority of shops were closed for Sunday (as opposed to closed down).  

If shop owners are taking half the weekend off (the only two days of the week that many/most people can manage) a week before Christmas then they have little right to whinge. 

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

In fairness, the staff aren't all wearing coats. 

They could be if they turned the heating down.

The staff in high street shops are a pain in the hoop as well. "can i help you there sir?" who needs help looking at stuff on shelves and carrying the chosen tat to a till? You don't get that shite in home bargains.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

They could be if they turned the heating down.

The staff in high street shops are a pain in the hoop as well. "can i help you there sir?" who needs help looking at stuff on shelves and carrying the chosen tat to a till? You don't get that shite in home bargains.

Maybe they've fingered you as a potential shoplifter.

16 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Maybe they've fingered you as a potential shoplifter.

myself and the wife got tailed by security, very, very, deliberately, conspicuously, through Harvey Nicholls in Embra. It must have been obvious we couldn't afford anything in there.

he never poked us though

I was in Stonehaven yesterday afternoon and the majority of shops were closed for Sunday (as opposed to closed down).  
If shop owners are taking half the weekend off (the only two days of the week that many/most people can manage) a week before Christmas then they have little right to whinge. 

These places also like to have a cheeky wee Tuesday or Wednesday off and shut at 3 pm.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Imagine calling people imbeciles.  If you want to see imbeciles...