Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, Empty It said:

My partners pal has just told her that her wedding is in 3 weeks, the day of the Scotland v England game. The missus is meant to be a bridesmaid but we now have no idea what to do as we've had London booked since the fixtures were released and canceling would cost us. Is it just me or is it absolutely mental giving 3 weeks notice for a wedding?

My wedding was booked for that date but over 2 years in advance, and when the Euros were cancelled and moved it out Scotland vs England onto my fucking wedding night.

The wedding is now postponed to August 2022.

My wedding was booked for that date but over 2 years in advance, and when the Euros were cancelled and moved it out Scotland vs England onto my fucking wedding night.
Appropriate response

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

If she goes to the wedding does that mean her ticket is going spare?

And if you don't go to the wedding is there a spare dinner at the reception?

29 minutes ago, Empty It said:
35 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Appropriate response

Though maybe a bit optimistic. On past form, the dates of the second round ties wouldn't cause a clash.

Edited by GordonD

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

Just found out that my oven has a setting right next to the 'fan assisted oven' setting which seems to be the 'look and sound exactly like the fan assisted oven setting but without any of the heat' setting.

Been there, done that.

Nothing worse than opening the oven door 30 minutes after putting the Aldi chicken, leek and smoked bacon pie in only to find it's stone cold. 

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Been there, done that.

Nothing worse than opening the oven door 30 minutes after putting the Aldi chicken, leek and smoked bacon pie in only to find it's stone cold. 

But why is that setting even there? What purpose does it serve? I am eternally confused as to why I have this setting on my oven as well.

4 hours ago, Pato said:

oof. Second only to walking out of a building onto the street in the wrong direction and having to pretend you've forgotten something vital and express this through body language as you reverse course.

Tripping in public when the nearest person definitely saw but is awkwardly far away to mention anything. 

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Tripping in public when the nearest person definitely saw but is awkwardly far away to mention anything. 

I was tripping in public once and met a couple who used to be in my class at school. They looked evil so i ran off, straight into traffic, which fortunately stopped in just time. It was a bit of a minter come to think of it. 

3 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
9 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:
Absolute are a bit 'yer da' but if you can accept that that's where you are in life they're the best stations aye.

Nah, Magic At The Musicals is the best station by miles.

FTFY

58 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

But why is that setting even there? What purpose does it serve? I am eternally confused as to why I have this setting on my oven as well.

Have just checked the manual that came with my oven. Apparently that setting should be used for defrosting stuff. I think with a frozen chicken that would take forever. 

I'm happy enough with the defrost facility on my microwave.

12 hours ago, Rasputin said:

Folk on car speaker phones/hands free at the volume of an AC/DC concert. 

The fud next door to be sits in his work van every morning and phones someone through the Bluetooth in his van and you can nearly hear every word the person he's speaking to is saying.  I had to apologise on a Teams call a few weeks back as I was speaking and my colleagues could hear them.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The fud next door to be sits in his work van every morning and phones someone through the Bluetooth in his van and you can nearly hear every word the person he's speaking to is saying.  I had to apologise on a Teams call a few weeks back as I was speaking and my colleagues could hear them.

I live in a top floor flat (4 levels up) and there's a road just outside that is at a junction. I can often hear folk's Bluetooth conversations from my flat as they pass or are waiting to get on to the other road. The ringtone when folk with Bluetooth in their cars/vans call someone can probably be heard for miles as well.

Guy from council just chapped the door and asked me to move my car as he can't cut the grass in front of it.

Theres no grass there. There's a massive fucking grit bin (which will not be moved) which has caused the grass to die there. 

I asked him WTF he is on and he just put his ear protectors back on and walked away. 

Annoyed, perplexed and now questioning if there's another motive like a lunatic. 

14 hours ago, Rasputin said:

Folk on car speaker phones/hands free at the volume of an AC/DC concert. 

Depends if they are having a juicy conversation if so the louder the better.