Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

A wee bit late home from work last night and being hungry I decided that only being a day out of date, the Indian snack selection in the fridge would be fine. f**k me am I regretting that decision now 😷

I ate 6 bags (17g bags so not that bad) of popchips yesterday. Barbecue (v. Good, fwiw) and I am laying the blame square at the feet of those little monsters as to the disgustingly foul smelling jobbee I'm currently having. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I ate 6 bags (17g bags so not that bad) of popchips yesterday. Barbecue (v. Good, fwiw) and I am laying the blame square at the feet of those little monsters as to the disgustingly foul smelling jobbee I'm currently having. 

Worth it for Popchips. Sea salt is my favourite but wee Sainsbury’s shops only seem to do barbecue. 

I’ve never been sodomised by a fence post but expect it feels very much like this post-samosa apocalypse currently underway. 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

37 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Worth it for Popchips. Sea salt is my favourite but wee Sainsbury’s shops only seem to do barbecue. 

I’ve never been sodomised by a fence post but expect it feels very much like this post-samosa apocalypse currently underway. 

Tell me you weren't both actually posting from the throne.

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Internet shopping, more specifically returning stuff that doesn’t fit.

I am trying to get a new winter jacket and some boots and it used to be they’d send you a paid returns label. I have had to send back 2 pairs of boots and a jacket and only the jacket had a paid returns label, so it’s cost me nearly £20 to not buy anything. 

Why should they be out of pocket because you've ordered the wrong size?

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Why should they be out of pocket because you've ordered the wrong size?

Why should it not be a cost of their business? Why should I have to pay for it either? Especially when they often already include a charge for postage. 

Especially now that places are moving more online and pushing people down that route by not holding full stock in stores or closing stores making it hard to get there?

Sizing is also a big issue. In both cases I ordered my usual size. I’m normally a boot size 5 and it was said they run small so I ordered a 5.5 and a 6 - both are still too small. Sizing in stores varies massively so it’s not a case of “getting the wrong size” when fewer items are cut to a similar pattern size or that the cut can make things fit/not fit.

People have always had to try things on for fit, it should be thought about and there’s def room for retailers and delivery services to come together to form contracts covering delivery/pickup etc, I think some already exist (company called wayfair were happy to organise free returns pickup).

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Sizing is also a big issue. 

I'd say this is an understatement. I have 4 or 5 makes of top I'll go out searching for first and foremost (sheep) and I range from XL to XXXL. Thats 'regular'. None of the Italian, slim, oversized shite that everybody is adding in nowadays. 

Fucking ridiculous security on websites that don't actually have much (any?) important information on me. If a simple username and password is good enough to manage my investments, why do I need myriad levels of unnecessary protection for an online shop I use once every few years and never remember the main password for because they make you adhere to such stuP!d1y complicated rules?

Fucking ridiculous security on websites that don't actually have much (any?) important information on me. If a simple username and password is good enough to manage my investments, why do I need myriad levels of unnecessary protection for an online shop I use once every few years and never remember the main password for because they make you adhere to such stuP!d1y complicated rules?
Click every square that contains a fire hydrant.

Naw. f**k you.

Click every square that contains a fire hydrant.

Naw. f**k you.
I get a deeply tragic feeling of satisfaction doing those things, which tells you an awful lot about my life, considering I must secretly be hankering for a return to nursery school.