Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Does anyone else have a washing machine with a completely mental timer?

We thought that would be a great wee addition - but the fucking thing is nowhere near accurate. It says 1 hr 40 mins and 2 hours later the display says there's 18 minutes to go. It stays on that for a good 4 or 5 minutes, before eventually crawling down.

We were waiting on it finishing today before going out and it genuinely had me shouting like a lunatic.

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We thought that would be a great wee addition - but the fucking thing is nowhere near accurate. It says 1 hr 40 mins and 2 hours later the display says there's 18 minutes to go. It stays on that for a good 4 or 5 minutes, before eventually crawling down.

We were waiting on it finishing today before going out and it genuinely had me shouting like a lunatic.

Not a washing machine, but our tumble dryer is like this.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

You just pull it apart from the looped end, m9.

Need one of us to drop by, or can you wait for your toast soldiers 'til the morning?

I am aware of that thanks. This isn't the insurmountable obstacles thread. 

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Yes mine does this too. Bizarre and annoying.

Are you reading the display correctly? Does it maybe say 140 minutes? That would tie-in pretty closely with the figures you’ve mentioned in this post 🤔

It’s maybe overloaded or the filter clogged, meaning the water doesn’t drain as it expects so tricks it into taking its time.

Apparently it's to do with either fuzzy logic i.e. the machine knows better than you how long it needs or water pressure.  

Yes, washing machine is an absolute troll

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Yup, 45 minute quick wash turns into an hour and a half.

Are you reading the display correctly? Does it maybe say 140 minutes? That would tie-in pretty closely with the figures you’ve mentioned in this post [emoji848]
Yeah it's not that. I'm heartened that it's not just my machine being a wee dick.

It stays on a number for absolutely ages - like it knows I'm watching it.

Yeah it's not that. I'm heartened that it's not just my machine being a wee dick.

Just arrange to do something you don't like and plan to use it not being finished as an excuse then watch the fucker finish 5 mins early

18 minutes is the special number on my machine, I've seen it on 18 for 45 minutes.

Three, the phone company.

5/6 years ago they had the best coverage in Inverness hands down but since then the other carriers, particularly o2 have blown them out the water and Three's prices are fucking Ludacris.  The wife is with o2 and she has full 4g everywhere, I struggle to get a signal at all as soon as I leave our house WiFi range.

I've swapped to Sky Mobile (who use o2) and the improvement in signal is tremendous and my tariff has been halved from what Three were charging me with 3 times the monthly data allowance.

Three are robbing bastards.

6 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
21 minutes ago, Empty It said:
18 minutes is the special number on my machine, I've seen it on 18 for 45 minutes.

Beko?

Peter Gabriel, 1980.

13 hours ago, pandarilla said:

A lot of referees have watches like that, when Celtic are losing.