Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

You need to get sink unblocker which you pour down and leave for 5-10 minutes and then rinse with some boiling water. Easily the most enjoyable household task.

Unless the boiling water causes the chemical to bubble out of the drain and give you chemical burns, as happened to my old tradesman when we were in a flat in the city centre. Albeit that was One Shot plumber's acid as opposed to household Mr Muscle, but still.

29 minutes ago, throbber said:

You need to get sink unblocker which you pour down and leave for 5-10 minutes and then rinse with some boiling water. Easily the most enjoyable household task.

Did that on the bathroom sink the other day (Mr Muscle).  Tremendously satisfying.

Bath next.

20 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Unless the boiling water causes the chemical to bubble out of the drain and give you chemical burns, as happened to my old tradesman when we were in a flat in the city centre. Albeit that was One Shot plumber's acid as opposed to household Mr Muscle, but still.

That stuff is fucking incredible.  It's like in Aliens when someone shoots one of them.

I also discovered, to my cost, that it kills your septic tank.

That stuff is fucking incredible.  It's like in Aliens when someone shoots one of them.
Didnt bother to read all the warnings about using it on septic tanks then?

On 28/03/2021 at 16:01, Hampden Diehard said:

Top football story on the BBC website yesterday wasn't QP's win at Brechin  (I am joshing, kids, so don't write in) but a women's game in England. I'm all for the development of the women's game and for women to take up sport, but it's not the top football story now or for a long, long time. It is, though, typical of the way the BBC is going with women interviewing women being the line up on each and every current affairs programme on TV and radio.

Yes, I am an old guy. And getting older.

Remember the season where the Beeb made the sudden, jarring decision to cover women's football and not stipulate in the headlines which arm of the sport they were referring to?

Very confusing few weeks of seeing titles like 'SCOTLAND ON VERGE OF WORLD CUP GLORY' and briefly thinking the Mandela Effect could be real.

18 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

FYI don't use it on systems with a septic tank.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Didn’t realise your butler was American.

He doesn't just melt them in acid, he hunts them first. Rampaging through the countryside on horseback, firing his blunderbus at his lackeys and then dissolving the slowest runners. All good sport.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
43 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Didnt bother to read all the warnings about using it on septic tanks then?

I did not.