Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

****** has certainly been used as general slur for Catholics, I haven't heard of *** being used other than to refer to supporters of Rangers Football Club. As I suggested, I think our dear leader felt he had to include the term for balance. My family background is Protestant, I've never heard *** being used in any sectarian way. Clealy there are loads of decent, law abiding Rangers fans about, I know some, but look what happens when they get together in numbers. **** describes them perfectly, in an non-sectarian way with classical allusions, which is nice. You should reclaim it and call it your own.

So you've never seen or heard it so it doesn't exist?

Plead ignorance all you want, one google search will bring up examples of it being used with nothing to do with Rangers though so I'm content with my points made. I don't think the moderators have added anything in for "balance" I just don't think they can be arsed to ban everyone who uses such sectarian terms in all honesty. 

15 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

So you've never seen or heard it so it doesn't exist?

Plead ignorance all you want, one google search will bring up examples of it being used with nothing to do with Rangers though so I'm content with my points made. I don't think the moderators have added anything in for "balance" I just don't think they can be arsed to ban everyone who uses such sectarian terms in all honesty. 

Go on then, link these examples of *** being used in a sectarian way. Maybe @Div should use his filter to change **** to Visigoths, that would be cool, even for Rangers fans.

Edited by welshbairn

You think midget is comparable hate speech to the words mentioned as being not tolerated on the list? 
I didn't see anything about midgets but I'll refer to you as vertically challenged if you're bothered! 
As the father of a little person, let me assure you that "midget" is absolutely a discriminatory and offensive term. Unlike any, repeat any term which applies solely to fans of a dead club and/or its tribute act. Can you understand why?
Sadly, I suppose we can't expect much better from a poster who uses the phrase "my favourite sectarian slur".

On 13/07/2020 at 13:37, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Achtung Baby was shit, Rattle and Hum survived on covers and new versions of old tracks (though it wasn't a bad listen), and The Joshua Tree was a decent album at the time but, in hindsight, shows the first signs of "we're not a band, we're a phenomenon" self-aggrandissement we'd come to know and detest from the egotistic wee midget.

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

As the father of a little person, let me assure you that "midget" is absolutely a discriminatory and offensive term. Unlike any, repeat any term which applies solely to fans of a dead club and/or its tribute act. Can you understand why?
Sadly, I suppose we can't expect much better from a poster who uses the phrase "my favourite sectarian slur".

There's always a post.

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Go on then, link these examples of *** being used in a sectarian way. Maybe @Div should use his filter to change **** to Visigoths, that would be cool, even for Rangers fans.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sick-bigots-target-rutherglen-orange-23313180

Here's one from very recently. Plenty of others to find, I'm not spending my night searching google for you. 

25 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The favourite sectarian slur line was beyond obviously tounge in cheek. 

In all honesty I've seen you call me and other "****" regularly and I've never made a big deal out of it. I'm sure you don't mean it in a wider religious context much in the same that I'd hope you'd see my usage of "midget" as a petty personal dig at someone rather than an actual cemented discriminatory position. 

You can surely understand that both terms could be considered offensive by those that are personally afflicted. The whole idea that victims are the ones that define what they find offensive seems to be forgotten when it comes to the "***" word. 

I had seen you posting recently on the subject but I missed that your child is a little person and I sincerely apologise for any offence on the subject I may have caused, I'll refrain from using it in future. 

Also just anecdotally one of my distant relatives is a little person that competes in events for little people, she actually won something at the World Dwarf Games which is pretty cool. 

My one warning point was for saying 'tim' which I thought was a term for Celtic fans the same way as '***' is used for Rangers fans, especially as they call themselves **** and have supporters clubs with that in their name. Seems weird that supporters clubs would name themselves a prejudicial slur. 

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

My one warning point was for saying 'tim' which I thought was a term for Celtic fans the same way as '***' is used for Rangers fans, especially as they call themselves **** and have supporters clubs with that in their name. Seems weird that supporters clubs would name themselves a prejudicial slur. 

Those pesky sectarian Taiwanese children! 

4 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sick-bigots-target-rutherglen-orange-23313180

Here's one from very recently. Plenty of others to find, I'm not spending my night searching google for you. 

Difficult one that. Would you describe the Orange Lodge as a religion or a sectarian cult? I'd agree that the graffiti was very wrong though. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Difficult one that. Would you describe the Orange Lodge as a religion or a sectarian cult? I'd agree that the graffiti was very wrong though. 

I cba tonight. I've provided you an example and there are plenty more if you're sincerely interested you can find them. Cheers for actually being relativley sensible when discussing the subject rather than the usual hysterical nonsense some others provide, it's sincerely appreciated even if I've been a dick to yourself in the past! 

2 hours ago, SANTAN said:

No they're not. I've tried to contact one before about clarification and it was ignored.

I've openly posted this as a petty thing that annoys me, why does that mean I don't want change. I don't want to harass the mods and then get banned for causing them trouble. If there was a way we could either have a free for all or instead actually moderate the sectarian language then I'd be all for it, at present this situation is irking me on a petty level so I feel it's fair for me to moan about it, as usual it's the poster below that seems content to make a show out of it. 

Fucking hell that's a tragic response. 

"dO yOuR rEsEaRcH" ...

...On why sectarian language isn't as bad as calling someone a midget. Cognitive dissonance has destroyed your perhaps proportionally small brain my friend. I'd suggest you put me on ignore and log out and take some time away from the keyboard. Enjoy your night!

You don't get banned for causing trouble,Div checked with Nil By Mouth before setting up the word filter and i always warn a member when they bypass the word filter and in fact i warned a member today for doing just that.

Edited by keithgy
Fat fingers

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Your commitment to exposing and eradicating systemic sectarianism on P&B lasted... 3 hours and 6 minutes

Truly the hero we need but don't deserve

Enjoy your night m8.

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

You don't get banned for causing trouble,Div checked with Nil By Mouth before setting up the word filter and i always warn a member when they bypass the word filter and in fact i warned a member today for doing just that.

Cheers. Thanks for a response. I think you guys do a good job generally, of course the word is filtered but the amount of usage even with the filter especially the DMs is draining. 

33 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

You got a warning for using the word “tim”? 😕

54 minutes ago, bennett said:

There's always a post.

Indeed there is. Even when you have to go back a year or so to find it.  I've never claimed to be perfect, bennett, as you know.

Two things. First, if there's anyone on the planet who merits offending, the erstwhile Paul Hewson is at or near the front of the queue. Secondly, of all the idiots on the board to White Knight, you choose Stormzy? Really? I think we both know you're better than that.

38 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

In all honesty I've seen you call me and other "****" regularly and I've never made a big deal out of it. I'm sure you don't mean it in a wider religious context much in the same that I'd hope you'd see my usage of "midget" as a petty personal dig at someone rather than an actual cemented discriminatory position. 

You can surely understand that both terms could be considered offensive by those that are personally afflicted. The whole idea that victims are the ones that define what they find offensive seems to be forgotten when it comes to the "***" word. 

I had seen you posting recently on the subject but I missed that your child is a little person and I sincerely apologise for any offence on the subject I may have caused, I'll refrain from using it in future. 

Also just anecdotally one of my distant relatives is a little person that competes in events for little people, she actually won something at the World Dwarf Games which is pretty cool. 

There's the problem, right there. How is supporting the tribute act an affliction? It's a fucking choice, and one for which you will rightly be roundly mocked, for many reasons, from the obsession with foreign history, the Armed Forces fetish, the idea that a nine-year-old club has just won the league for the 55th time... 

12 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

There's the problem, right there. How is supporting the tribute act an affliction? It's a fucking choice, and one for which you will rightly be roundly mocked, for many reasons, from the obsession with foreign history, the Armed Forces fetish, the idea that a nine-year-old club has just won the league for the 55th time... 

For such a pompous stuck up pedantic c**t of a poster it's beyond reasonable comprehension that you missed the point where it's been pointed out that "***" does objectively have religious connotations therefore rendering it as hate speech and sectarian...

The fact you can act all pious about any subject what so ever whilst also engaging in such hypocritical abusive language spats is actually pretty embarrassing to be honest. At least i am, according to most a self admitted troll where as you actually try and take the high ground on loads of subjects whilst simultaneously being straight up antagonistic and abusive towards anyone that disagrees. Your intentions are flimsy and transparent and you'd do well to humble yourself. 

For such a pompous stuck up pedantic c**t of a poster it's beyond reasonable comprehension that you missed the point where it's been pointed out that "***" does objectively have religious connotations therefore rendering it as hate speech and sectarian...
The fact you can act all pious about any subject what so ever whilst also engaging in such hypocritical abusive language spats is actually pretty embarrassing to be honest. At least i am, according to most a self admitted troll where as you actually try and take the high ground on loads of subjects whilst simultaneously being straight up antagonistic and abusive towards anyone that disagrees. Your intentions are flimsy and transparent and you'd do well to humble yourself. 
If the mods will pardon the skirting around the filter, the only people claiming that *** has religious connotations on this board are ***s - none of whose religious leanings, if they have any, I am aware of.
It might also be an idea, before accusing someone of being abusive, to think of another way of describing them, other than "cűnt". Just a thought, as hypocrisy was another of the accusations you felt justified in flinging out.

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

If the mods will pardon the skirting around the filter, the only people claiming that *** has religious connotations on this board are ***s - none of whose religious leanings, if they have any, I am aware of.

I'm a middle-of-the-road Anglican - as I have said often enough - and fairly often go to Sunday morning matins - held before the religious people go to Parish Communion at 10.30.

That you've never come across 'the h word' used as an anti-Protestant slur is amazing.  Even on our own forum it isn't used exclusively for Rangers fans.