Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I got big time sunburned at the start of the season.  North Terrace suntrap will be missed. 

PXL_20220709_151451111.jpg

Didn't know miniatures of Buckfast were even a thing (unless it's a massive jacket). Who buys that?

Edited by jimbaxters

As an extension to my social farting issue problem posted about previously, we had friends staying over the long weekend there. As we were eating more than usual, the stomach suffered a bit of a battering and therefore needed the exhaust to clear itself every now and again. Another situation where it's socially unacceptable to fart freely with people in the house.

At it's worst point, a soiling incident nearly occurred. Glad to be back to normal trumping service!

19 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Didn't know miniatures of Buckfast were even a thing (unless it's a massive jacket). Who buys that?

I take them to the fitba all the time after getting my hawf taken off my a couple times.  It's now enough of a tradition I take them for 'luck'.  

20230426_102935.jpg

34 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Popular favours at neddy weddings (or posh ones where the bride likes to be “insert word for ironic celebration of poor stuff”).

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've not had my heating on for about two months. Are you a lizard?

Just mean I haven't turned the Hive off yet. It still kicks in for a wee bit to take the edge off now and then.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I take them to the fitba all the time after getting my hawf taken off my a couple times.  It's now enough of a tradition I take them for 'luck'.  

20230426_102935.jpg

The alcohol content must be negligible. What's the point? 

17 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The alcohol content must be negligible. What's the point? 

Couple bottles is cheap, like how it tastes and it's something to sip on.  Could probably fit something better if I didn't have my powerbank but it's at tradition stage now anyway.  

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Joe showing up to the match

giant-carlsburg.jpg

One of the benefits of lockdown was being actively encouraged to rock up with your own picnic. 

I'm not saying I ever arrived with a cargo of beer, but a wee homemade breezer was sometimes enjoyed. 

13 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Don't throw away your (winter) clothes.

It’s a pretty depressing thought to not do it til end of may anyway. I don’t want to wear a jacket outside at work April - end September and don’t want to put heating on in the house during those months either but it’s not happening this year.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s a pretty depressing thought to not do it til end of may anyway. I don’t want to wear a jacket outside at work April - end September and don’t want to put heating on in the house during those months either but it’s not happening this year.

You want depressing, check your smart thermostat on Christmas Day and see 4 hours of heat and 30 minutes of air conditioning. I love the heat/cool setting and range options because the weather here is just plain nuts. Watching the indoor readout of the thermometer and seeing the temperature drop 25 degrees in 20 minutes is sobering, you just know there’s a big ass storm coming.

Tesco claiming that they are matching Aldi in terms of price on certain select items. 

They are basically shouting that every other fucking item (99.9%) in the store will cost you more. 

Surely counterproductive? 

3 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Tesco claiming that they are matching Aldi in terms of price on certain select items. 

They are basically shouting that every other fucking item (99.9%) in the store will cost you more. 

Surely counterproductive? 

Tesco just can't match the prices on Aldi's stuff like dinghies and reciprocating saws. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Tesco just can't match the prices on Aldi's stuff like dinghies and reciprocating saws. 

Archery set was the best one.

Can just imagine a bunch of wee neds at Cartsdyke after a St Mirren derby...

"Nock, Draw, Loose!"