Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My PTTGOYN is the fact that there’s a wrestling thread under ‘other sports’. Fair enough having a thread, we’ve got threads on all sorts of things, but surely wrestling shouldn’t be classed as a sport.

Real wrestling: yes. That soap opera they call wrestling: no.

The TV & FIlm and Gaming forums could be subforums of a general 'Entertainment' section, along with the Last Book You Read thread and Wrestling subforum. I've nothing against people watching big greasy men fondling each other, and they certainly work hard/die young for their money, but it's not sport.

Stick the Celtgers threads in there too; many's the time I've seen posts from those folk and thought, "you're no real".

Anyway, back to PTTGOYN - automated buildings. I'm sitting in one employing the tactics taught to me by @Melanius Mullarkay (avoiding work with P&B), and half of the windows open/close automatically when CO2 sensors are triggered in the rooms. It's been blowing a fucking gale today, and was raining earlier - prime weather to suddenly find yourself next to an open window that you can't close  :angry:

6 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Anyway, back to PTTGOYN - automated buildings. I'm sitting in one employing the tactics taught to me by @Melanius Mullarkay (avoiding work with P&B), and half of the windows open/close automatically when CO2 sensors are triggered in the rooms. It's been blowing a fucking gale today, and was raining earlier - prime weather to suddenly find yourself next to an open window that you can't close  :angry:

Just stop producing CO2. Problem solved. 

11 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Sure it's not CH4 it's controlling?

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Just stop producing CO2. Problem solved. 

Just occurred to me that there isn't a single plant in the building, so I take it we've decided that technology has surpassed our friends with fronds. Or perhaps someone saw Day of the Triffids recently.

3 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Sure it's not CH4 it's controlling?

I wish. Guaranteed there'd be a furious, freezing woman patrolling the corridors in February screaming, "COULD EVERYONE PLEASE STOP FARTING?!"

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

My PTTGOYN is the fact that there’s a wrestling thread under ‘other sports’. Fair enough having a thread, we’ve got threads on all sorts of things, but surely wrestling shouldn’t be classed as a sport.

20 minutes ago, BTFD said:

There is usually a master override for each room which can temporarily open or close the windows for a limited period.

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

There is usually a master override for each room which can temporarily open or close the windows for a limited period.

Thanks Zen. I totally won't be abusing this information during the winter months  :P

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

My office is practically hermetically sealed. Such that I can drop on on a Friday, shut the door and it welcomes me back on a Monday morning.

People who say “I’m losing my faith in humanity” at any minor or major occurrence. STFU you stupid c**t, there have, and will always be morons in this world. The majority of people in the world will always be decent. The fact that any unsociable/despicable act gets highlighted should prove this. 

Sycamoregate brought me here and I wasn’t surprised to see it being the talking point. Can’t see many people saying they agree with it. 

Thank you. 

Just saw some ‘expert’ talking head on a true crime show saying some Scouse murderer hadn’t done his due diligence on his victim before shooting him. Can’t help but feel he should have interviewed him and got him to answer a series of multiple choice questions first as well.