Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Not so much petty, but something that gets right on my tits in a McGlashan fashion:

How when somewhere like Brechin appears on the news, it's always shown as "Brechin, Scotland", but when it's somewhere of comparable size Down South that's shown, it'll be "Somewhere-upon-Something, Derbyshire".   Scotland's just lumped together as one entity, pandering to the geographical ignorance of those elsewhere in the UK.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Not so much petty, but something that gets right on my tits in a McGlashan fashion:

How when somewhere like Brechin appears on the news, it's always shown as "Brechin, Scotland", but when it's somewhere of comparable size Down South that's shown, it'll be "Somewhere-upon-Something, Derbyshire".   Scotland's just lumped together as one entity, pandering to the geographical ignorance of those elsewhere in the UK.

At least you don't have to choose "Central" as your county on internet forms. Better yet, some services have us down as Stirlingshire  :angry:

But aye, Scotland's just another county for quite a few folk in England, and some here too.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Similar to when English people moan about Americans talking about a "British Accent". 

"Britain has many accents like: Scouse, Cockney, Geordie, Brummy and Scottish".

Apparently accents vary by region in England but not in Scotland.

20 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Two ryanair flights today, could stop the sentence there. However, the amount of fkn announcements when you’re onboard, anytime you’re just about drifting off they’re on talking about some utter guff. 

Kind of linking in with my previous post, I was on an EasyJet from London last week and heard the sudden announcement "we are now beginning our descent into Inverness"

Which you'd normally not mind too much about, except that this was on a Gatwick to Aberdeen flight.

31 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Kind of linking in with my previous post, I was on an EasyJet from London last week and heard the sudden announcement "we are now beginning our descent into Inverness"

Which you'd normally not mind too much about, except that this was on a Gatwick to Aberdeen flight.

It's an extreme version of a descent into madness 

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Similarly, Fife is almost always referred to like it's a town rather than naming where the event actually happened.

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

What's boiling my piss is that Screwfix are 'valuing my opinion' on the packet of 100 black 4.5mm x 150 long tie wraps I bought on Tuesday.

Jesus wept.

Love the 5 star comments on various shopping sites...

"I gave it 5 stars, not used them yet but they look great"

Alternatively the 1 star ratings...

"I ordered the wrong thing so 1 star from me"

16 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

What's boiling my piss is that Screwfix are 'valuing my opinion' on the packet of 100 black 4.5mm x 150 long tie wraps I bought on Tuesday.

Jesus wept.

I’d go with: “I purchased these to restrain someone I recently abducted and am holding for ransom.  The were perfect for the job and I would not hesitate to recommend them to other abductors.”

They’ll probably never bother you again.

29 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Jesus wept.

If only they had used these on Jesus instead of nails he wouldn’t have wept as much. 

34 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The English flood map site is excellent. The Sepa one is shite. Is there an unofficial site that gives a simple flood map for Scotland? 

SEPA  site is excellent for river height data, not sure why the are so shite at this.