Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

46 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

When couriers give you a time period or day they’ll deliver then either don’t deliver or are 2/3 hours after they said they would be

I kinda feel for these boys. Have you ever seen the tablets/handhelds they use? Once they deliver a package there's a red bar count down on how long they've got to get to the next delivery.

I was doing work in a CJ Lang depot and the boy refused the delivery because the driver never stuck to the walk ways. The CJ Lang supervisor walked followed the same path the driver took to hand him the parcel back and said due to his flouting of site rules he'd have to come back with the delivery. There was no need in being that much of a c**t. 

The DPD boy just took the parcel, drove right round the yard and opened the door and launched it back where he delivered it and took off. :lol:

Spoiler

Edit : I also got booted from the site for taking 4 x 24 Barr juice can crates that were being binned. There was about 50 of them. 

Edited by Derry Alli

6 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Sounds like he's more ripping the pish than needing one.

This is exactly what happens to me, its infuriating. You're trying to get finished up and away he gets a phone call or txt but doesn't look at it then fucks of for a half hour shite 

9 hours ago, Empty It said:

c***s that need to go to the toilet every 5 minutes, trying to finish a 2 man job and get home but the guy I'm with is borderline incontinent and its literally away atleast once every 30 mins for 10 mins.

I worked with a young lad a few years ago who did exactly this, likely down to his atrocious diet.

I'd pick him up at 8am and he'd immediately demolish a pack of cajun chicken breast followed by a bag of crisps or 'fridge raiders'.

Then for lunch another pack of chicken, and there was always a large bag of cheese balls or the like on the go throughout the day, washed down with a constant supply of Monster energy drink.

The first thing he'd do when we got to a job is ask the customer if he can use the toilet, before disappearing for 20 minutes. There were some small 1-2 hour jobs where he was in the toilet more than out of it.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I kinda feel for these boys. Have you ever seen the tablets/handhelds they use? Once they deliver a package there's a red bar count down on how long they've got to get to the next delivery.

I was doing work in a CJ Lang depot and the boy refused the delivery because the driver never stuck to the walk ways. The CJ Lang supervisor walked followed the same path the driver took to hand him the parcel back and said due to his flouting of site rules he'd have to come back with the delivery. There was no need in being that much of a c**t. 

The DPD boy just took the parcel, drove right round the yard and opened the door and launched it back where he delivered it and took off. :lol:

Hide contents

Edit : I also got booted from the site for taking 4 x 24 Barr juice can crates that were being binned. There was about 50 of them. 

Never seen that tbf, it’s not the boys delivering themselves I’m moaning about more just the companies piling them full with parcels

Yer man at CJ Lang sounds like an utter jobsworth c**t :lol:

Sleep pattern is fucked and at this time Dailly I've ended up down YouTube rabbit holes for the past week. I enjoy watching food content videos and found a lassie called KarissaEats. She's a fucking darling and eats in some cool places so flick through her videos.

Her voice though. Fucksake. 

14 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Costs a small fortune to lease a song to play as hold/queue music.

Virgin Holidays used to stream Virgin Radio as their queue music, at least you got variety then.

For some reason Clacks Council went with Kylie's 'All the Lovers' about a decade ago, and it's still going strong now. Every thirty seconds there's a pre-recorded voice chips in with a "you are in a queue, maybe hang up now if ye dinnae fancy it, eh?" message and the song resets, so you get the same brief clip over and over again. The song also plays at deafening volume, so people on the other side of the room can hear what you're listening to without speakerphone being on. This can go on for half an hour, at which point you're deaf by the time a human answers and you can't hear their muted whispers.

I presume the idea is to get you to hang up and leave them alone; I appreciate the subtlety of using an otherwise decent tune rather than an obvious abomination like The Millennium Prayer, but it has likely ruined that song for everyone round here.

14 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

When couriers give you a time period or day they’ll deliver then either don’t deliver or are 2/3 hours after they said they would be

Then the c***s never close my feckin gate.............

7 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Sleep pattern is fucked and at this time Dailly I've ended up down YouTube rabbit holes for the past week. I enjoy watching food content videos and found a lassie called KarissaEats. She's a fucking darling and eats in some cool places so flick through her videos.

Her voice though. Fucksake. 

Her voice is like if you asked ChatGPT to generate the most annoying American accent. 

Good content for foodies though.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Then the c***s never close my feckin gate.............

Our delivery guys are the opposite - they never, ever open the gate and instead shout.  It's not always possible to hear them or know which house they are at.  Nobody has doorbells, either. I guess they are afraid of wild dogs or of being accused of stealing something from the garden etc.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

For some reason Clacks Council went with Kylie's 'All the Lovers' about a decade ago, and it's still going strong now. Every thirty seconds there's a pre-recorded voice chips in with a "you are in a queue, maybe hang up now if ye dinnae fancy it, eh?" message and the song resets, so you get the same brief clip over and over again. The song also plays at deafening volume, so people on the other side of the room can hear what you're listening to without speakerphone being on. This can go on for half an hour, at which point you're deaf by the time a human answers and you can't hear their muted whispers.

I presume the idea is to get you to hang up and leave them alone; I appreciate the subtlety of using an otherwise decent tune rather than an obvious abomination like The Millennium Prayer, but it has likely ruined that song for everyone round here.

But " your call is important to us ".

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Our delivery guys are the opposite - they never, ever open the gate and instead shout.  It's not always possible to hear them or know which house they are at.  Nobody has doorbells, either. I guess they are afraid of wild dogs or of being accused of stealing something from the garden etc.

Our delivery guys stopped ringing the doorbell a while ago. Maybe they’re afraid if they draw attention to themselves they’ll get shot? I’m genuinely perplexed at the absolute absence of knocks or doorbell chimes over the last three or four years of deliveries…unless they feel they’d be wearing their knuckles or fingers off.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Screenshot_20240106_175559_Outlook.thumb.jpg.e3e76f77292fa8aaa2a55ee57a0b9e93.jpg

TBF, I signed my mum up for Netflix with adverts as it was half the price, she's never known TV without adverts, and you barely notice them. She can be watching it for hours before a ten-second advert comes on.

Of course, it won't remain that way forever.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

TBF, I signed my mum up for Netflix with adverts as it was half the price, she's never known TV without adverts, and you barely notice them. She can be watching it for hours before a ten-second advert comes on.

Of course, it won't remain that way forever.

This was always the long(er) term model for streaming companies. What will happen is that they'll start to merge/consolidate and will push the price of ad free subscriptions up each time.

Of course this will ultimately push more folk to pirating, but as long as next quarter's profits are up there won't be an issue.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This was always the long(er) term model for streaming companies. What will happen is that they'll start to merge/consolidate and will push the price of ad free subscriptions up each time.

Of course this will ultimately push more folk to pirating, but as long as next quarter's profits are up there won't be an issue.

Yep, the cable wars all over again. This is why Net Neutrality is such a big deal too.

Never mind; I've got a couple of decades of DVDs that I haven't watched yet, and most of the original content from Netflix, Amazon et al seems remarkably poor anyway (Unpopular Opinions thread for this pish).

The wanky typeface choices that fitba’ teams choose for jersey names & numbers in cup games and/or European games that aren’t the normal league-wide typeface. Absolute cunty choices. Makes the Green Brigade banner typeface look like a classic.

EPL clubs mostly.

I don't know what causes this, but it's been the case for years; when the BBC show FA Cup highlights all games that are shown in a roundup (i.e. not a featured game) have an issue whereby they don't/can't show the score at the top left of the screen where the (shortened) team names are shown.

As an example, the game on now is now Blackburn Rovers vs Cambridge United. Score was 5-2, so should have been 'BBR 5|2 CAM' but it just read 'BBR CAM'.

When it's a featured game they show the score. Currently it's Middlesbrough vs Aston Villa so the top left reads 'MID 0|0 AST'.

Edited by DA Baracus