Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I get frequent post for my previous householder, despite numerous attempts to give him his post back I've received...letters from the DVLA, letters from numerous insurance companies, letters from The Labour Party, a few final notices with warnings of bayliffs (that I've had to deal with) and a few packages. The Mrs has a lovely pair of Crocs she wears to work. I'd have torched them personally 

If a bailiff turns up at an address in Hamilton tell them to f*ck off. 

They have no writ in Scotland where the equivalent are Sheriff Officers. 

If the Labour Party turn up tell them to.... :whistle

15 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

The one way system to get to Edinburgh IKEA. It was maybe semi sensible when it first opened and the queues were huge, but now it is a complete pain.

It was meant to be a two way system but someone read the instructions wrongly. 

6 minutes ago, dagane said:

Who the fk is tina fay ,advert does my tits in

The American Miranda Hart

there, that'll get you all annoyed now... 

On 05/06/2024 at 20:21, Central Belt Caley said:

Bought my flat over 3 years ago and I’m still getting mail for the previous occupants. When I first moved in there it was mail for 4/5 different folk, it’s down to mail for just 1 person now but it’s something every other week ffs

I've found that it all dries up pretty quickly if you write "RETURN TO SENDER - DECEASED" on the envelopes and stick them back in a post box. Maybe nothing happens to them and it's just a coincidence, but it can't hurt.

Tangentially related; six months after moving house, I got a letter from a debt collection agency saying they were acting on behalf of the energy company I'd used at the old house. Apparently power had been used between us moving out and the property being let, so they wanted to know who was living there now to try and stick them with the bill. I emailed them (difficult enough - these companies really, really want everything done over the phone so you can't prove what was said) with "dunno, contact the owner".

A few months further on, I get a standard "you owe <x> amount to this company, contact us now or we'll take you to court" bullshit form letter from them, as they're obviously still being dingyed by the owner/tenants, so I got back to them with "good luck, considering I still have a final exit bill from your client, along with evidence that it was paid". Haven't heard anything since, but I'm fully expecting to get another letter in six years or so, once the "debt" has been sold to some other group of shysters. That seems to be how these things work.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've found that it all dries up pretty quickly if you write "RETURN TO SENDER - DECEASED" on the envelopes and stick them back in a post box. Maybe nothing happens to them and it's just a coincidence, but it can't hurt.

To be fair, I opened one of them (didn’t realise it wasn’t for me) and it was about the amount of the woman’s pension so there’s a chance she could be at that age where it’s a real possibility 👀

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

The tiny wee ringpull tops on bottles of Bundaberg ginger beer. Fcuk um’. Nice ginger beer though.

Love the stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Love the stuff. 

The wife and son do too...but it's pricy here - the same price as 2.5 x bottles of beer.  I stick to the beer purely for economic reasons, of course. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Love the stuff. 

In a half pint glass, add 50ml bourbon, one dash angosturi bitters, squeeze in the juice of half a lime, then slice the squeezed half into three wedges and put in glass… add two ice cubes and top up glass with Bundaberg ginger beer. Stir. Enjoy…

It’s a Pitt Pony cocktail and I recommend it to the house. Ra! Ra! Ra! 😀

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

The tiny wee ringpull tops on bottles of Bundaberg ginger beer. Fcuk um’. Nice ginger beer though.

The best ginger beer. You can get it in 200ml mini cans here and there’s also a 4% alcohol version in 375ml cans.

Just now, Eednud said:

The best ginger beer. You can get it in 200ml mini cans here and there’s also a 4% alcohol version in 375ml cans.

Not tried the alky one yet, I tend to stick to Brookvale Union. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Think I’ve tried it but there’s so many on the market now. First one I remember trying was Matso’s from Broome.They have a chili & lime version I’d like to try but haven’t seen it in any bottle shop here.

ETA: Didn’t realise Brookvale Union is 4 Pines.

Edited by Eednud

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

I read this as Brockville. I assume it is utterly tremendous. 

Just now, scottsdad said:

Brookvale, yes. Brookville, nah. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Reminds me of the guy on the Firs Park tannoy who used to refer to it as Brock-vile.

He was a bit of a fruitloop. Once read out the names of the crowd instead of the team.

When someone you haven’t spoke to/emailed in months sends you a file and says “same password as I used before!” 
Thanks m9, now I need to spend valuable YouTube watching/P&B Browsing time looking for your fucking password 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Ah, you’ve just reminded me of another song that every time I hear it, I sing my own version of the lyrics. Great song from a great band too… R.E.M. Don’t Go Back To Brockville.