Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Why didn't you pick mine up from my cousin??

I haven't been able to find a suitable time for collection and time was pressing given I had a proper tutorial today.

And on that point.. thanks very much Miss Sociology tutor, your display of absence today means I have a 500 word essay plan to complete by Friday with no prior knowledge whatsoever. I guess I'll just pull 500 words out of my arse then. <_<

Edited by vikingTON

I haven't been able to find a suitable time for collection and time was pressing given I had a proper tutorial today.

And on that point.. thanks very much Miss Sociology tutor, your display of absence today means have a 500 word essay plan to complete by Friday with no prior knowledge whatsoever. I guess I'll just pull 500 words out of my arse then. <_<

The thing about sociology is that you write lots of long winded words which look impressive but generally don't make much sense.

And on that point.. thanks very much Miss Sociology tutor, your display of absence today means I have a 500 word essay plan to complete by Friday with no prior knowledge whatsoever. I guess I'll just pull 500 words out of my arse then. <_<

surely 500 is easy enough, or have you missed out a 0?

and its the plan -not actually the essay?

couple of hours with some books will probably see you right.

on topic: people thinking they know all about what I can do really gets on my nerves.

Edited by theentomologist

The thing about sociology is that you write lots of long winded words which look impressive but generally don't make much sense.

500 of them is a challenge.

surely 500 is easy enough, or have you missed out a 0?

and its the plan -not actually the essay?

couple of hours with some books will probably see you right.

A 500 word essay plan appears to me a contradiction in terms. I'd write an essay of 500 words happily. One about a subject I've barely been introduced to without a tutor who doesn't have a clue what fucking room she's in or day it is seems to me like like a snag.

A 500 word essay plan appears to me a contradiction in terms. I'd write an essay of 500 words happily. One about a subject I've barely been introduced to without a tutor who doesn't have a clue what fucking room she's in or day it is seems to me like like a snag.

Oh come now, you seem pretty bright. You don't need someone to hold your hand! If you have a topic title, get googling, come up with a rough plan, and 500 words is nothing.

You've pulled around 500 words out of your arse on this page alone. Just pretend that you are posting on P&B and you'll put the Bible to shame.

:P

What is the big deal about Nestle though?

You cant deny that their products are tasty.

Everything you'll ever need to know is contained in this thread.

There's also the Baby Milk Action site which details the boycott more.

And in another thread which got hijacked by the Nestle debate at a similar time to the first link above, Matt linked us to the Wiki entry on the Nestle boycott.

To answer your question, yes they make some tasty products. However, I've found substitutes elsewhere for most things I used to enjoy. I miss Jelly Tots and Toffee Crisp at the moment, but there are so many other products out there that it doesn't bother me. It's just become an integral part of the way I live. I avoid Nestle.

:o

Oh dear, Andy, I suggest that you contact Mr Rushdie for some tips on good hiding places.

There is now a فتوى‎ (fatwa) in place with your name on it.

:D Here I am!

Jazz music. Awful.

Mr HGG would agree with you there! I'm not so keen myself. When do you head south?

Oh come now, you seem pretty bright. You don't need someone to hold your hand! If you have a topic title, get googling, come up with a rough plan, and 500 words is nothing.

500 words. Piece of piss :D

Trying to get 40 winks on the bus on the way to work when some fat burd tries to sit on you as she attempts to squeeze herself into the seat next to you, waking you up in the process. :angry:

The last time a fat burd sat on me, I married her!

BARRRROOOM-TISH!!!!

I do want the job. I've come to the section in the form where it's asking me for about 6 references from previous employers, at least 3 of them were with agencies which i dont have any contact details for, then it's asking me to describe personal achievements and scenarios where i have solved a difficult situation. Christ, i remember when these things only had 2 pages!

Just stick me down as a reference ;)

I have no idea what I've actually done but I've woken up this morning with a pain in one side of my neck. It's not too bad when I sit still but the second I move it really hurts :(. I'm hoping it'll just ease up this morning and go away very soon. It hurts!!!

Feckin First Scotrail.

Three trains don't appear, one announcement to say that one of them has been cancelled. After everyone has been standing there for half an hour they eventually announce that's there's signalling problems so services are "liable to cancellation". Why wait half an hour to tell us?

Feckin First Scotrail.

Three trains don't appear, one announcement to say that one of them has been cancelled. After everyone has been standing there for half an hour they eventually announce that's there's signalling problems so services are "liable to cancellation". Why wait half an hour to tell us?

Because they want to annoy you first thing in the morning, leave you cold as well as late for work/uni/appointments and theit staff desperately need the practice at people management which they'll get from a heated old row with a mob of rather unhappy travellers with no train and decidedly dodgy (if not non-existent) customer service. :D

Because they want to annoy you first thing in the morning, leave you cold as well as late for work/uni/appointments and theit staff desperately need the practice at people management which they'll get from a heated old row with a mob of rather unhappy travellers with no train and decidedly dodgy (if not non-existent) customer service. :D

Chucked it after half an hour and went for a bus instead, so their staff did not get the benefit of my thoughts. Anyway, it's rarely their fault, so there's not much point giving them grief, I save that for when they have a "Meet the managers" event in Central.