Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I haven't been able to find a suitable time for collection and time was pressing given I had a proper tutorial today.

And on that point.. thanks very much Miss Sociology tutor, your display of absence today means I have a 500 word essay plan to complete by Friday with no prior knowledge whatsoever. I guess I'll just pull 500 words out of my arse then. <_<

No problem, just a pain in the arse that I was pushing a small child out at the point in time when I was meant to give you the books.

Ah the joys of the totally incopetent Sociology department. Has the main lecturer stompped out in a temper yet?!

Feckin First Scotrail. Arriva Buses' 66 alleged service.

I was in a similar position this morning. The scheduled one pulled into Paisley and promptly announced it was 'Not In Service'. 35 minutes standing in the cold before another one turned up! :angry:

I had a bout of this sickness/shitness nonsense that has been doing the rounds. It's set the launch of my half arsed T-Shirt website back days, resulting in only 3 sales so far.

Had a look at your site mate, some cracking Ts on offer! Especially liked the Jelly Babies, Gameboy, Playstation and 9 Tapes ones. Might do my wee bro's xmas pressent :D

500 of them is a challenge.

A 500 word essay plan appears to me a contradiction in terms. I'd write an essay of 500 words happily. One about a subject I've barely been introduced to without a tutor who doesn't have a clue what fucking room she's in or day it is seems to me like like a snag.

ahhhhhhh. so the plan is to be 500 words -that does seem helluva excessive.

more of proposal type nonsense. the way to do it -correction the way I would do it (usually the same thing)- address each para graph outlining (100 words) what you will be discussing 100 word on intro -place what you will talk about in context. etc

its basically 5 mini 100 short answer questions that way.

the whole tutor not turning up/being a muppet is a side topic for the class rep methinks.

basicaly a lit search seems to be a sensible course of action, some serious library time too would help.

Mr HGG would agree with you there! I'm not so keen myself. When do you head south?

I hate Jazz music with a passion, although their magazines are OK :rolleyes:

Not heading down until Friday morning once the kids go to school. We are picking up Clydemoan and his better half. Will probably get down to the hotel for about 1:30/2PM.

what about you?

No problem, just a pain in the arse that I was pushing a small child out at the point in time when I was meant to give you the books.

Ah the joys of the totally incopetent Sociology department. Has the main lecturer stompped out in a temper yet?!

:lol:

If you refer to Dr Clark then no-one dared to enter after quarter past the hour. The department has been hit by the plague or something so I have no idea who the main lecturer is supposed to be. It appears the pestilence spread to the tutors too.

Guest The Phoenix
Im getting exiled. Precise details need to be worked out, but it looks like Ill be exiled to Paris for up[ to 2 months in January. It should be a RTBC, but I like it here!

Great news - I hate the French.

What a wonderful punishment for the Frogs. :D

Great news - I hate the French.

What a wonderful punishment for the Frogs. :D

:lol::lol:

I had to stop for a couple hours in a French Airport on Saturday, and their stupid French AZERTY keyboard nearly made me cry when I was trying to check my email. Stupid French. <_<

Thankfully, thanks to the wonders of t'internet, Ill still be on p&b, so you won't know I'm gone! :D

Guest The Phoenix
:lol::lol:

I had to stop for a couple hours in a French Airport on Saturday, and their stupid French AZERTY keyboard nearly made me cry when I was trying to check my email. Stupid French. <_<

Thankfully, thanks to the wonders of t'internet, Ill still be on p&b, so you won't know I'm gone! :D

:(

As a matter of interest, how come you manage an apostrophe in "t'internet" and not in "I'll"? That's twice you posted "Ill" tonight. Bit shoddy considering the absence of punctuation creates an entirely different word.

:(

As a matter of interest, how come you manage an apostrophe in "t'internet" and not in "I'll"? That's twice you posted "Ill" tonight. Bit shoddy considering the absence of punctuation creates an entirely different word.

Ill have to pray that you won't think I'll of me. :ph34r:

To be honest, I tend not to use the apostrophe on the internet, its usually needless, and frankly, its an archaic thing that should be consigned to the dustbin of the English language. However, in the case of "t'internet", that's a deliberate thing because Im emphasising a somewhat silly word!

Edited to add:

However, I did just notice that I automatically put an apostrophe in "won't" and "that's", so I guess you'll just have to live with me being infuriatingly inconsistent! :D

Edited by xbl

Guest The Phoenix
Ill have to pray that you won't think I'll of me. :ph34r:

To be honest, I tend not to use the apostrophe on the internet, its usually needless, and frankly, its an archaic thing that should be consigned to the dustbin of the English language. However, in the case of "t'internet", that's a deliberate thing because Im emphasising a somewhat silly word!

Edited to add:

However, I did just notice that I automatically put an apostrophe in "won't" and "that's", so I guess you'll just have to live with me being infuriatingly inconsistent! :D

http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

An e-mail has been dispatched reporting your flagrant abuse of the apostrophe.

No doubt John Richard II will take appropriate action.

He sounds like the kind of guy who sat and muttered darkly when we went from painting pictures to using words. The language is constantly changing and evolving. If people like him had his way, thou wouldst still be conversating in this manner, no matter what the year of our lord doth be.

Embrace change in the language I say! U know wat I m33nz lol?

Guest The Phoenix
He sounds like the kind of guy who sat and muttered darkly when we went from painting pictures to using words. The language is constantly changing and evolving. If people like him had his way, thou wouldst still be conversating in this manner, no matter what the year of our lord doth be.

Embrace change in the language I say! U know wat I m33nz lol?

I had a wee look in his site and there is actually quite an active forum where people post about punctuation. :lol:

I had a wee look in his site and there is actually quite an active forum where people post about punctuation. :lol:

Imagine that, a forum chock full of pedants and anal retentives. Is there room on the internet for another one of those?