Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I just don't understand it at all. Do these people not think ahead? What do you think Chardonnay is going to grow up to do for a living? I'd put good money on it involving taking her clothes off for money.

I know that it is wrong to stereotype, but come on!

i would reckon these people read all the celebrity magazines and stuff and cried at jades passing

Did anyone watch the Panorama programme last night?

Pretty disturbing viewing :(

Nope, but it would be no more than I would expect. <_< I have been following the story in the Herald where three fictitious job applicants with a 'British', an Asian and an African sounding name sent out job applications to the voluntary, public and private sectors, all citing roughly the same CV's.

Guess what, it took 1 in 9 applications for the 'British' person to get an interview and 1 in 16 for the other two to get an interview, the private sector being the worst for interview invites where Asian/African sounding candidates were involved.

Too depressing that this level of (possibly sub-conscious - if I'm being generous) racism still exists. :(:(

I went for Biblical names for the kids. Bathsheba and Herod.

:lol: There are some class names in that book. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego being prime examples.

Now, I have to drag myself out of a cosy, warm bed, get dressed and trawl up to the Paisley RAH for an ECG! Bah! <_<

See, if they shave my ankles again, I shall not be a bouncy Tigger! :angry::(

I just don't understand it at all. Do these people not think ahead? What do you think Chardonnay is going to grow up to do for a living? I'd put good money on it involving taking her clothes off for money.

I know that it is wrong to stereotype, but come on!

Stephen Levitt did work on names for his book 'Freakonomics' - this may have been mentioned elsewhere in this thread so apologies. Her noted the common names for thick parents kids and those for more intelligent parents. Although he also noted the tale of a dad who called his first son 'loser' and his second 'winner' and their lives turnmed out opposite to what their names would have suggested.

I think the two thickest names on his list were Ricky and Bobby. Now I know where Taledaga Nights got its name from...

I got woken up at 6.30am by what I thought was someone hammering pipes for no reason.

Went to the shops an hour ago and walked out to my building covered completely in scaffolding.

The worst bit is I only have net curtains in my bedroom and they would have been pottering around the level of my window when I was asleep (with no blanket and nearly fucking naked).

I know.

I worked with a girl a while back that was pregnant. Shortly afterwards, I was made redundant and didn't keep in touch with her. I met her when I was walking up Duke Street one afternoon about 6 months ago and asked her how things went. She informed me that she had a boy and called him TJ. Not short for anything, just TJ.

You know, my initials are TJK. I've always been a little disappointed that I've never been referred to as TJ in my life.

:ph34r:

You know, my initials are TJK. I've always been a little disappointed that I've never been referred to as TJ in my life.

:ph34r:

Mine are AJM. I got called AJ for a while at school, and fucking hated it.

Charlie has the same middle name as me so I expect he will probably get called CJ by some arsehole later on in life.

Did anyone watch the Panorama programme last night?

Pretty disturbing viewing :(

I didn't, but I did see the clip of it on the BBC News website. I grew up there and my kids still live there. I always stuck up for the area before, as it's always had a bad reputation but seemed to have cleaned up it's act in recent years. I'll not be doing that again.

Tiffany isn't that bad, but Nicoletta?! :lol::lol::lol:

A woman "fae ma bit", called her wee girl Pocahontas. I swear to God. Not that it makes any difference, but her surname couldn't be more Scottish if she tried.

I also know of a Cole and a Levi. <_<

I also know of a Cole and a Levi. <_<

I went to school with a Levi. I'd not be slating the name "Cole" if I were you though. :ph34r:

All three of my children have normal names. Incidentally, all three of my children happen to be ill at the moment as well. :(

I went to school with a Levi. I'd not be slating the name "Cole" if I were you though. :ph34r:

All three of my children have normal names. Incidentally, all three of my children happen to be ill at the moment as well. :(

Woman who was in the bed opposite me had a wee girl and called her Levi.

People look at me strangly when I tell them my sons name, but it's a traditional Gaelic name and has to be better than Chantelle, Chardony, Jay or TJ :unsure: I like traditional scottish and gaelic names.

Sorry Andy but I'm not a fan of Cole either.

Woman who was in the bed opposite me had a wee girl and called her Levi.

People look at me strangly when I tell them my sons name, but it's a traditional Gaelic name and has to be better than Chantelle, Chardony, Jay or TJ :unsure: I like traditional scottish and gaelic names.

Sorry Andy but I'm not a fan of Cole either.

No, I think your boy's name is lovely, but I do wish I could spell it without having to look it up! I'm always scared to try in case I get it wrong.

I know a wee baby called Malachy, which Adam thinks is horrible, but I think it's gorgeous. I'd have called my second Malachy if I didn't think everyone would take the piss.