Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This is pretty much common practice i'm afraid Kilt.

Aye, I ken that fine. But as he drinks in my local, he may be regretting this later on this afternoon! :ph34r:

And the reason you couldn't nip along the street and catch said lazy git was..?
I was thinking that myself. I'd have ran after him, what a cock! (The Postie, not Kilt)
...but it'll take substantially more effort to go to the sorting office than it would have to slip his baffies on, grab his keys and nip after him.

Aah, ermm, oh shite <_< - It's freezing outside and it was raining and...I was only in my dressing gown at the time. It's a fluffy, towelling bath-robe type and it's.....pink. :ph34r:

The walk in the rain will give me some exercise! :(

Aye, I ken that fine. But as he drinks in my local, he may be regretting this later on this afternoon! :ph34r:

Aah, ermm, oh shite <_< - It's freezing outside and it was raining and...I was only in my dressing gown at the time. It's a fluffy, towelling bath-robe type and it's.....pink. :ph34r:

The walk in the rain will give me some exercise! :(

:lol::lol::lol:

That would give someone a fright if they saw you charging oot yer hoose after the postie. He'd probably die of fear.

Edited by Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

That would give someone a fright if they saw you charging oot yer hoose after the postie. He'd probably die of fear.

My only excuse is that I'd lost mine somewhere in between moving house and this one was left behind by a good friend when she moved out.....and it still smells of her perfume... :ph34r:

My only excuse is that I'd lost mine somewhere in between moving house and this one was left behind by a good friend when she moved out.....and it still smells of her perfume... :ph34r:

:lol:

You really are a beast of epic proportions.

That's a compliment, by ra way! ;)

I would love to be able to drive my car to it's full potential rather than having to drive it at less than half of what it is capable of.

What are the safety stats for the Autobahn?

It isn't speed that kills, it's inappropriate use of speed that does. There are times when going 100mph isn't going to harm anyone, and times where going 30mph might be dangerous.

The government doesn't see it this way though. They're bound by their 'speed kills' mantra as a justification for the use of speed cameras throughout the UK. I don't like speed cameras. Whilst I can accept that people should stick to the speed limit, these cameras cannot detect a variety of motoring offences that occur within the speed limit. They aren't going to catch people on their phone, they can't catch people driving recklessly/dangerously, should they be within the speed limit. They can't catch drunk or uninsured drivers either.

Speed cameras are a quick-fix to sorting out one problem, and to extort money from hapless motorists. If they were really serious about tackling the more pressing issues, they'd hire more traffic police to root out out dangerous, uninsured and drunk drivers. In addition, they can also catch speeders.

If I ever manage to get myself a decent car, I certainly plan on taking it to Germany and open it up a little on the Autobhan. I'll probably shite out at about 130.

I don't really see any reason why the speed limits on UK motorways can't be 100mph between 8pm and 6am- with allowances for roadworks or if there's already congestion on them a temp speed limit can be applied.

I know there's a difference between hitting someone at 30 and hitting someone at 40 (mph, not age)

but surely crashing at 70 and crashing at 100 you're humped anyway. As long as you still leave a 2 second gap you should still have time to react.

I managed 105mph on the downhill bit of the M8 just before Harthill services at 1am. Much fun.

Guest Burning Bridges
I drove on an Authobhan earlier this year and didn't feel the need to drive the car faster than 80mph. Didn't seem like anyone was driving fast at all in fact.

Yeah that's what we found. No one goes stupidly fast, but everyone does the actual limit impeccably all the time. No slowcoaches.

There is a programme on Cbeebies just now called Dirt Girl World. The main character is called Dirt Girl, and her best pal is called Scrap Boy.

How fucking unoriginal could the producers be? It's actually laughable.

No idea why I have posted it in the Petty nags thread.

I've got a chemistry booklet to complete for Friday, and the advice of our teacher to do it was "Er, use Wikipedia, or if that doesn't have it, Google it."

And using Google/Wikipedia is of no use as it's using complicated terms that you'd find if you were in uni or something, not Higher. Frustrating stuff to say the least.

Guest Burning Bridges
I've got a chemistry booklet to complete for Friday, and the advice of our teacher to do it was "Er, use Wikipedia, or if that doesn't have it, Google it."

And using Google/Wikipedia is of no use as it's using complicated terms that you'd find if you were in uni or something, not Higher. Frustrating stuff to say the least.

What sort of terms are they using? I might be able to help. Higher Chemistry, yes?

Guest The Phoenix
8 year old Ford Kas don't do 100 if there's a person in the car. It gives up at 94.

I'm intrigued to know how they do 100 if no one is in the car? :unsure:

Guest Burning Bridges
I'm intrigued to know how they do 100 if no one is in the car? :unsure:

It only does 80 with 2 in the car and does about 94 with one person. Very roughly applying the difference, it mist manage another 6.

Guest The Phoenix
It only does 80 with 2 in the car and does about 94 with one person. Very roughly applying the difference, it mist manage another 6.

Any which one of your Alter Egos is actually applying pressure to the accelerator, in this allegedly empty Ka?

Guest Burning Bridges
Any which one of your Alter Egos is actually applying pressure to the accelerator, in this allegedly empty Ka?

Yeah. Savo II's a ghost.