Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Aye, but there is literally nothing better in the world than seeing a dog stick its head out the window of a moving car. Surely if they were belted up this wouldn't happen?

I can think of one or two ten or twenty hundreds thousands of better things.

Guest The Phoenix

Aye, but there is literally nothing better in the world than seeing a dog stick its head out the window of a moving car. Surely if they were belted up this wouldn't happen?

No contest...

dog-stuck-head-out-of-window.jpg

:D

dog-seat-belt.jpg

:(

People in cars need to wear seatbelts for their own safety and for the safety of other passengers, for the hsame reason there are controls on children in cars. Why in that case can people travel with pets (particularly, it appears, dogs) completely unconstrained?

In the last couple of days I've seen a guy driving along with a dog whose head was sticking out of the window and another where the dog was wondering about the back seat. Christ knows the impact on the driver, and therefore the driver's ability to control the car, if he/she has to brake suddenly and ends up with a dog on top of them.

Stick them in the boot, same place I used to get put on the short Largs - Cumbrae crossing when I was younger in order to save paying for another passenger. More money for an ice cream my dad would say.

Quite a fun 'game' actually.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Why do people drive around with their lights on all winter even when it's broad fucking daylight?

Baffling.

Norwegians have to drive with dipped headlights all year round by law. wacko.gif

Saves them turning them on and off for tunnels every 5 mins though I suppose.

The automated ticket barriers at Glasgow Central.

Why have they gone to so much time and expense to get them installed, and yet they don't accept all ticket types and you need to 'show' the ticket to the inspector on the other side of the barrier, or even if it does accept your type of ticket, there are several occasions where you're blocked anyway, and thus have to wait to show your ticket and be 'keyed through' by a member of staff.

Grrrrrrrr!

The automated ticket barriers at Glasgow Central.

Why have they gone to so much time and expense to get them installed, and yet they don't accept all ticket types and you need to 'show' the ticket to the inspector on the other side of the barrier, or even if it does accept your type of ticket, there are several occasions where you're blocked anyway, and thus have to wait to show your ticket and be 'keyed through' by a member of staff.

Grrrrrrrr!

They also don't accept any type of special offer ticket and there's usually some old biddie that gets stuck in them because she didn't get through in that 3 sec time gap. Slam!

Went into the shop down the road tonight for my paper, there was a queue about 7 deep, one woman was on the till and another was stocking the shelves. It was the usual customers in the front "five on the gas , 10 on the leccy, 20 fags, 3 scratch cards", and of course, 3 bars of chocolate for the screaming wean. I stood in the queue for a good ten minutes, whilst one served and the other kept stacking. The other worker then decided to go behind the till when there was 2 folk left in the queue. It's not the first time it's happened, poor service in a nutshell.

Supras has almost single handedly ruined the Misc Football Forum.

I don't think you really understand how forums work.

I'm not the one making absolutely terrible jokes then trying to justify them.

I don't think you really understand how forums work.

I'm not the one making absolutely terrible jokes then trying to justify them.

You turn almost every thread into an utterly ridiculous argument. I go onto a thread to read about whatever it's about and hope to find reasoned debate. Now, all I see is you making post after post, snidely deriding almost anything that is said. It's not just a post or two. You go on, and on and on and it completely detracts from the quality of the thread.

I'm quite aware that no one (publically anway) cares about what people think of them on a forum, but from reading the responses to your posts the majority view on Misc Football seems to be that you have a bad habit of wrecking threads.