Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Nope, its an activity of a physical nature where an individual or team face another individual or team for the sake of entertainment. The whole moaning about wrestling falls down when the same people are happy to claim boxing is a sport despite every title match in it being fixed.

Not a boxing fan, but that sounds pretty scandalous to me. Surprised it isn't more widely known.

Wrasslin's more at home on a soap opera channel; entertainment where every action, line of dialogue and outcome is scripted and decided upon in advance. I don't know why wrestling fans take offence to that; nobody tries to pretend movies like Escape to Victory are sporting events just because they look a little bit like one.

Only a little bit, in Escape to Victory's case.

Anyone over the age of 12 who watches WWE, is a complete and utter weapon.

When I had Sports I used to put it on the odd time if there was funk all else on. I watched it purely for the trash talk. As it says in it's title it's just entertainment. I used to laugh at it a few times. I never watched a whole episode and I think that's the tragic thing; grown men watching it all the way through and thinking that it's not staged. I used to really like it but figured out early on as a youngster that it was a complete fix. My mates at the time were a little slower and thought it was real. That led to me making a nice wee bit off bunce in 1st year with the Royal Rumble. It was when Triple H came back from being knocked down by a car. I said he'd obviously be picked to win it but the rest failed to accept it was all staged. Needless to say I had a nice wee winner!

Onto my petty thing. Folk who have their head in the phone in large crowds. I was at the Hydro last night and leaving is bad enough in crowds without having to dodge these fuckers. Text when you get into space you cretin!! These people should be shot in the head.

When I had Sports I used to put it on the odd time if there was funk all else on. I watched it purely for the trash talk. As it says in it's title it's just entertainment. I used to laugh at it a few times. I never watched a whole episode and I think that's the tragic thing; grown men watching it all the way through and thinking that it's not staged. I used to really like it but figured out early on as a youngster that it was a complete fix. My mates at the time were a little slower and thought it was real. That led to me making a nice wee bit off bunce in 1st year with the Royal Rumble. It was when Triple H came back from being knocked down by a car. I said he'd obviously be picked to win it but the rest failed to accept it was all staged. Needless to say I had a nice wee winner!

Onto my petty thing. Folk who have their head in the phone in large crowds. I was at the Hydro last night and leaving is bad enough in crowds without having to dodge these fuckers. Text when you get into space you cretin!! These people should be shot in the head.

I like this game.

Human dodgems, except you don't.

Knock the shite out of them, they'll learn eventually.

Anyone over the age of 12 who watches WWE, is a complete and utter weapon.

I used to quite enjoy it when it was all flamboyant costumes and ludicrous silliness; coincidentally, before I was 12. Then they got all faux-serious, acting like they should be behind the bar at the Queen Vic, and doing horrible nonsense like badly-choreographed mock streetfights in alleyways, and pretending to murder each other with motor vehicles. What the f**k was that all about?

When I had a kid, I was slightly worried that they'd try the same thing with pantomimes; shaven-headed Widow Twankey having knife fights with Buttons the dope-peddler. Thankfully they're still the same; camp, brash, and utterly chronic.

Even better; folks that text on empty streets and walk into things because they're morons.

Had a lassie walk into a lamp post in front of me the other day. I got glared at, like I should've warned her or, I suspect, moved the lamp post for her.

Fucking, just...die! In flames, preferrably. Lots of love, BigFatTabbyDave xxx

Do people actually think that wrestling fans over 12 believe it's 'real'/don't realise it's 'scripted'/ don't understand how it works?! Surely not?!

I'm a big wrestling fan. I just watched a wrestling DVD and was at a wrestling show last weekend. I love it. I will be 30 in 2 months and 6 and a bit days.

Roond yees

Do people actually think that wrestling fans over 12 believe it's 'real'/don't realise it's 'scripted'/ don't understand how it works?! Surely not?!

I'm a big wrestling fan. I just watched a wrestling DVD and was at a wrestling show last weekend. I love it. I will be 30 in 2 months and 6 and a bit days.

Roond yees

However you still maintain the illusion/delusion of living in Fife.

The Radio 5 commentator commentating on MotD. He's just terrible! I don't think he's bad on the radio, but for some reason it doesn't work when I'm watching and listening!

He describes too much for it to work on TV. I think he's very good on 5 live, but the radio commentary style doesn't work on MOTD.

As in 'hot as f**k'? I believe the term is used to describe someone who is very attractive, as in "Mila Kunis is a weapon". If you meant it like that then I thank you for the kind words.

I don't have anything at all against wrestling, but I have literally never heard the term 'weapon' being used to describe someone who is physically attractive.

Also: completely agree about boxing being fixed.

They're doing a fucking awful job of it, then; all you hear from boxing fans is how boring the sport is nowadays.

It's like the geeky guys in Galaxy Quest with all the blueprints for the spaceships - everybody's met a wrestling fan who'll admit that it's scripted, but talks about it like they actually fight each other. Or a Coronation Street fan who claims to know that the characters don't actually exist, but will occasionally make a worrying slip that implies otherwise.

Or the rich guys who use words like 'love' when talking about their supermodel wives :P

I think sport implies there has to be some competition.

Nope, its an activity of a physical nature where an individual or team face another individual or team for the sake of entertainment. The whole moaning about wrestling falls down when the same people are happy to claim boxing is a sport despite every title match in it being fixed.

Nope. Official Oxford Dictionary definition: "An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment".

Hint: the word "competes" is crucial here.