Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The comical thing is, anytime someone attempts to start a conversation about fitba on a US Based forum or web-site, within 3 or 4 posts there's a response from someone stating that fitba is boring and they have no interest in talking about it. It isn't enough for them not to be interested, they have to make sure everyone knows they aren't interested. And they have a compulsive need to put down anyone who 'is' interested.

It's weird and more than a bit sad.

Guest The Phoenix

American Football is the only "American" sport that is entertaining to watch.

A trip to the dentist holds more appeal than watching Baseball and Basketball.

^^^ Facts.

Edited by The Phoenix

I'm guessing the seethe aimed at American Football has emerged from decades of hearing Americans equate a love of soccer with homosexuality. I could be wrong; perhaps we started it.

Apart from homophobia, the most common complaint about soccer seems to be the lack of goals, which demonstrates a suspicion of sporting artistry IMO. Very much get the impression that bigger goals coupled with a Wimbledon-style physical long ball game would've seen the sport become more popular with American spectators. Oh, and a lack of draws; nothing induces rage in the States more than a lack of a clear winner.

Anyway, as we're doing PTTGOYN - the media's regular "why don't the Americans like football?" articles would be one. They've been banging on about this since USA '94 at least, and who gives a damn? 90% of the world loves football, but the press in the UK act like they do with film and music acts - you're nothing unless you're popular in the States, which is utterly pathetic. The Americans have their own sports; leave them to it.

People who say, "I'm a good person!"

Sorry, not up to you to decide. I dare say some of the perpetrators of the most inhumane acts in history would still declare themselves to be "good" people. The rest of the world will make that judgement based on your actions.

Guest The Phoenix

People who say, "I'm a good person!"

Sorry, not up to you to decide. I dare say some of the perpetrators of the most inhumane acts in history would still declare themselves to be "good" people. The rest of the world will make that judgement based on your actions.

^^^ Bad person

Guest The Phoenix

Too fucking right. Hanging's not good enough, etc.

Edit: "but I'm a good person!" :ph34r:

TBF, despite being a Wasp, you are one of the good guys on here.

(All things are relative, mind). ;)

Anyway, as we're doing PTTGOYN - the media's regular "why don't the Americans like football?" articles would be one. They've been banging on about this since USA '94 at least, and who gives a damn? 90% of the world loves football, but the press in the UK act like they do with film and music acts - you're nothing unless you're popular in the States, which is utterly pathetic. The Americans have their own sports; leave them to it.

As much as I like NFL, the Yanks declaring the winner of their (National Football League) Super Bowl as 'World Champions' is a bit more than a PTTGOYN.

American Football is the only "American" sport that is entertaining to watch.

A trip to the dentist holds more appeal than watching Baseball and Basketball.

^^^ Facts.

Agreed. I've met folk over there that agree baseball is rubbish but they still go for the family occasion and an excuse to get out the house and eat hotdogs. You can't help but see it on the TV and think "just throw it in the f***ing white box!!!" after about 2 mins. The success rate seems abysmal.

BASEketball however...

Edited by Hedgecutter

As much as I like NFL, the Yanks declaring the winner of their (National Football League) Super Bowl as 'World Champions' is a bit more than a PTTGOYN.

Agreed. I've met folk over there that agree baseball is rubbish but they still go for the family occasion and an excuse to get out the house and eat hotdogs. You can't help but see it on the TV and think "just throw it in the f***ing white box!!!" after about 2 mins. The success rate seems abysmal.

BASEketball however...

I can mind some American guy on TV here, some years ago, trying to do a promotion for baseball in the UK.

He was asked why the "World Series" is so called since it only takes place in the US.

After a few moments thought he replied : "Well that's our world"

Docs this afternoon for what I think(and have been told by some) is a pilodinal sinus. Not been this sore to sit down since that "accident" with the ladders and that bottle..... :eek::ass:(

That's not what is getting on my nerves though. It's everyone asking if i'm alright as I back my arse slowly into a seat with near lunar-landing accuracy. Does it look like i'm alright!? :angry::bairn

^^^ Head and arse gone ^^^

Docs this afternoon for what I think(and have been told by some) is a pilodinal sinus. Not been this sore to sit down since that "accident" with the ladders and that bottle..... :eek::ass:(

That's not what is getting on my nerves though. It's everyone asking if i'm alright as I back my arse slowly into a seat with near lunar-landing accuracy. Does it look like i'm alright!? :angry::bairn

^^^ Head and arse gone ^^^

Ooft, I googled that, the photos are not nice.