Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Talk on the news of removing all branding on cigatettes and replacing it with further warnings. I hate when people bang on about us having a "nanny state" but whenever there's an election around the corner the political parties will start campaigning against cigarettes and booze as it's an easy vote winner.

I must be getting old, I miss the old Lambert & Butler adverts and Regal sponsoring the snooker.

reg3copy.jpg

I just hate the hypocrisy surrounding smoking, and that hasn't changed one iota since I packed in last august. You'd have to be simple not to accept that cigarettes are harmful, yet there's far too much money involved to think the logical ban will ever happen. The fact that so many bang on as to how pubs, of all the examples that could be chosen, are healthier after the ban is beyond parody.

When Mrs 50/50 Winner (or her Mum when she's round) does the dishes and just leaves them stacked precariously on the draining board. For all the time it would take to dry them and put them away in the cupboard! It would be the same as getting the Hoover out and only doing half the living room.

When Mrs 50/50 Winner (or her Mum when she's round) does the dishes and just leaves them stacked precariously on the draining board. For all the time it would take to dry them and put them away in the cupboard! It would be the same as getting the Hoover out and only doing half the living room.

^^^^

Can't afford a dishwasher type post IMO

^^^^

Can't afford a dishwasher type post IMO

That's true, although, my Mum gave us her old dishwasher two years ago and we haven't had it plumbed in. Besides, I quite like doing the dishes and when I do them they are done properly not left on the side for someone else to put away. In addition, when her Mum does them and runs out of space on the draining board she lays a tea towel down on the bunker and puts the remaining dishes on top of it (instead of using the tea towel to dry the dishes which is its intended purpose). She knows fine well which cupboard they go into, it's just laziness if you ask me.

That's true, although, my Mum gave us her old dishwasher two years ago and we haven't had it plumbed in. Besides, I quite like doing the dishes and when I do them they are done properly not left on the side for someone else to put away. In addition, when her Mum does them and runs out of space on the draining board she lays a tea towel down on the bunker and puts the remaining dishes on top of it (instead of using the tea towel to dry the dishes which is its intended purpose). She knows fine well which cupboard they go into, it's just laziness if you ask me.

I believe it more hygienic to let them dry, rather than using a tea towel. They should still put them away once dried.

I believe it more hygienic to let them dry, rather than using a tea towel. They should still put them away once dried.

Me too. I can't see how it can be hygienic to wipe several dishes dry with the one tea towel. Use water hot enough when washing the dishes and it all just evaporates, leaving clean, dry dishes. Easy and only half the work.

'Lets just put these suggestions into the idea fridge just now, and we can snack on them later'

f**k off you massive c**t.

Nit

Someone say that? FFS.

Don't get much office speak in my office, it's all normal, select few who still try sound fancy and smart but the rest of us just speak normally. Easiest way to discuss it when construction related.

Meetings however are filled with the business talk cliched shite. Which I'm fine with.

Good morning everyone, due to the recent results I would suggest we need to appropriately transition real-time products, collaboratively enhance front-end leadership, phosfluorescently underwhelm diverse methodologies and finally proactively pursue cross-unit solutions.

GO TEAM!

http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

Management is easy.