Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

just touch on all the posts you want to quote to make them turn blue then touch the reply icon in top right corner.

The reply icon is like 2 overlapping speachbubbles

Still not working for me :( Can't see a reply icon in the top right corner.

It's 3 dots, but I can only turn one blue at a time on my iPhone, f**k knows

I suspect it's an android thing and that iPhones can't do it. Amongst other things.

another reason to be glad I ditched the iPhone for an S5

Least you get an app... Not feeling the love on windows phone

Glad I chose the S5 over windows :P

The whole handball debate is extremely annoying in general. I can't believe the folk at the top haven't made changes or given clear guidelines to ref about it. Aye it's in the rule book, but lets face it, one week a penalty can be awarded for handball and the next week the exact same type of thing can happen and go unpunished.

For me, I would award a free-kick/penalty whenever the ball hits a hand, intended or not. Similar to Hockey with the feet. It would surely encourage players to put their arms behind the back when in the box?

It is pretty clear though. If it's deliberate then it's handball, otherwise it isn't. Position of the arm, movement of the arm, distance ball has travelled and pace at which the ball travelled all have to be considered. If a ball is smashed from 2 yards away it's unlikely to be handball. Floated from 20 yards away it's always handball.

People who put the pound sign in a word whilst cursing online.

Get it fucking up ye ;)

It is pretty clear though. If it's deliberate then it's handball, otherwise it isn't. Position of the arm, movement of the arm, distance ball has travelled and pace at which the ball travelled all have to be considered. If a ball is smashed from 2 yards away it's unlikely to be handball. Floated from 20 yards away it's always handball.

In theory it's pretty clear, but let's face it, in practice it certainly isn't. Can you mind the penalty awarded against Marvin Andrews at Palmerston a few years back. The guy thumped it at his arm from about 3/4 yards away. Andrew's arm was out and in a natural position for balance. There was not a hope in hell of moving out of the way, yet the penalty was awarded.

There is definitely double standards just now with regards to handball. One week these types are given, the next they aren't. I think if a ball strikes the arm from 10/15 yards away then it's an easy decision. Being struck from 4/5 yards away is going to be difficult to get the hand/arm out the way and a foul shouldn't be awarded, yet how many times recently have we seen penalties awarded when there was no chance of the guy being able to get out the way?

Something definitely needs done with this area of the game.

In theory it's pretty clear, but let's face it, in practice it certainly isn't. Can you mind the penalty awarded against Marvin Andrews at Palmerston a few years back. The guy thumped it at his arm from about 3/4 yards away. Andrew's arm was out and in a natural position for balance. There was not a hope in hell of moving out of the way, yet the penalty was awarded.

A day doesn't go by that I don't think about that.

MOTD AGAIN! 4 folk in the studio wasting time talking pish, yet when it comes to the highlights they don't even show all the goals! I know they were all shown yesterday, but surely they could have sacrificed 5 minutes of Lawrenson talking his usual pish in exchange for ALL the goals?! ;)

The whole handball debate is extremely annoying in general. I can't believe the folk at the top haven't made changes or given clear guidelines to ref about it. Aye it's in the rule book, but lets face it, one week a penalty can be awarded for handball and the next week the exact same type of thing can happen and go unpunished.

For me, I would award a free-kick/penalty whenever the ball hits a hand, intended or not. Similar to Hockey with the feet. It would surely encourage players to put their arms behind the back when in the box?

That would be a horrible rule change. Players would be aiming for hands when crossing all the time. Chaos, I tell thee.

And while I'm at it the arms behind the back defenders piss me off, and generally makes them shite defenders. That big daft c**t David Luiz is the worst.

That would be a horrible rule change. Players would be aiming for hands when crossing all the time. Chaos, I tell thee.

And while I'm at it the arms behind the back defenders piss me off, and generally makes them shite defenders. That big daft c**t David Luiz is the worst.

That would definitely be the biggest draw back of it. But as I say, it would maybe encourage players to be more aware of what they do with their arms. I can't see it ever happening though for that reason. I don't think it makes them bad defenders for putting their arms behind their back, it's a pretty sensible way to play IMO.

It makes them less mobile, less flexible, and easier to beat. I meant worse defenders at that moment, not in general.

It does, but if refs aren't lenient with the way the defenders arms are (for balance) then I can understand why some guys don't want to take a chance and would rather have their arms behind them to make certain the ball won't strike them.

Oh, I get you. Although, when I've watched players have their hands behind their back (Harris used to do it for QoS) they only really did it when they were in the box and the opposition was deciding whether to go last them or cross. If the player went to go past him he tended to put his arms back in a more natural position.

I f**king hate you. I f**king earned those clubcard points.

Aye, all that hard work and effort you put in. Having to go into a shop, pick up an item and hand it over and then pay for it! The amount of blood and sweat you must have secreted to Earn those points doesn't bare thinking about!! ;)

:P

I'm wearing a new pair of work shoes today after my other ones fell apart quite spectacularly. Now that's not a PTTGOYN, no the petty thing is the fact they're really stiff and it's going to take a while to walk them in.

Have a really nice wallet, worn in just right, all cards where I want them.

Just comfy with it.

Other half bought me a wallet for Christmas, It doesn't have enough card spaces and it is embossed / engraved inside;

TO ******

I LOVE YOU

***** XX

How do I lose this horrid thing without the hassle of having to lose bank cards and drving licence etc........

Just comfy with it.

Other half bought me a wallet for Christmas, It doesn't have enough card spaces and it is embossed / engraved inside;

TO ******

I LOVE YOU

***** XX

How do I lose this horrid thing without the hassle of having to lose bank cards and drving licence etc........

Take all your cards out and f**k it in the bin.

Just comfy with it.

TO ******

I LOVE YOU

***** XX

Take any cash out and sneak it into the washing machine when she's doing the laundry. Cards should be ok and she'll get the blame.

Just comfy with it.

TO ******

I LOVE YOU

***** XX

The pair of you have quite strange names.

But tbh youd be best just being honest with her. Tell her youll use it after your current wallet becomes worn out. Simple.