Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Exceptionally petty, but the need for 80% of my my post to have (or online sites forcing me to use) the address of:

# Street,

Aberdeen,

Aberdeenshire,

Postcode

i) As ridiculous as it may seem, Aberdeen is not in Aberdeenshire, either by council or lieutenancy area.

ii) Who in Royal Mail looks at an address and thinks "Where's this 'Aberdeen' place? Ah... Aberdeenshire, ah ken far 'at is."

Why do folk even bother with address these days? The bairn was sending her Papa (Granda FFS) a postcard the other day and the missus insisted in putting the house number, street name, estate name(?), town, postcode and whatever fucking district Balloch is in. Waste of ink.

My mum always did this with the Wardneuk Estate in Kilmarnock. Whether or not it was to distinguish it from 'The Scheme' beside it to avoid the letters being searched, I have absolutely no idea.

Exceptionally petty, but the need for 80% of my my post to have (or online sites forcing me to use) the address of:

# Street,

Aberdeen,

Aberdeenshire,

Postcode

i) As ridiculous as it may seem, Aberdeen is not in Aberdeenshire, either by council or lieutenancy area.

ii) Who in Royal Mail looks at an address and thinks "Where's this 'Aberdeen' place? Ah... Aberdeenshire, ah ken far 'at is."

Same with Glasgow, Lanarkshire.

# Street,

Aberdeen,

Aberdeenshire,

Postcode

Soon after moving to Aberdeen, I was getting something delivered. I asked my flatmate - who was from Aberdeen - what I should put as the County/Region, she said Angus :huh: Fucking minter of a bird.

The missus got a new job. I took this week off with the intention of playing a little golf and watching TV whilst eating takeaways. However, with her getting a new job she decided to give herself a week off between starting this one and leaving her old one. She keeps asking to do stuff like shopping or eat out and I have yet to budge but she's doing my tits in now so I suspect tomorrow I'll crack.