Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Quote Hazel 1884

Stephen Dobbie is getting married.

I still maintain he has just not proposed to me yet though!

Aye, apparently, he turned down the move to that Chinese team because he's getting married next month or something...in Barrhead! :lol:

Foolish, think of the Chinese buffet meals he could have,to live up to the 'insults' he gets about his weight. Still a goal machine tho. B)

Guest The Phoenix
Some (admittedly rather nice) bint kept me on the phone for an hour.

Let me see now - 60 minutes @ £1.50 per minute = £90.00. :o

It's nice to talk. ;)

Guest The Phoenix
He could have had free minutes.

She could have called him.

He may have vodafone stop-the-clock thingy.

Sooooo many explanations and possible reasons....

Nah, I just reckon he should have cut out the foreplay and saved himself £88.50. :ph34r:;)

Edited by The Phoenix

Guest The Phoenix
My meagre 37p calltime balance wouldn't quite allow that I'm afraid.

Plus it's more from mobiles :ph34r:

:lol:

You wouldn't even have managed my alternative suggestion. :(

After all the speculation in the press over the weekend about us losing a couple of thousand jobs overseas, we've been told that there is an announcement being made to the staff and shareholders on Thursday regarding our company.

Oh dear!

Meeting at 11:45 to be told about Business Reorganisation apparently.

I had one last night and it was awful.

We have a superb one near us which does possibly the best and largest spring roll in history.

It's the size of a DVD case. :D

Edited by Monster

After all the speculation in the press over the weekend about us losing a couple of thousand jobs overseas, we've been told that there is an announcement being made to the staff and shareholders on Thursday regarding our company.

Oh dear!

Meeting at 11:45 to be told about Business Reorganisation apparently.

Tossers.

Pretty much along the lines of: "At the moment it is only a very tentative option, but we are thinking of outsourcing jobs abroad, but we won't know for definite until the end of Q4". Aye, right!

No company in their right mind would say anything to 3,000 employees if they were only just tentatively thinking about shedding thousands of jobs. They've clearly decided, the tw*ts just don't know how to tell us.

Means we've potentially got nine months to wait before finding out if our jobs are staying or not.

Tossers.

Pretty much along the lines of: "At the moment it is only a very tentative option, but we are thinking of outsourcing jobs abroad, but we won't know for definite until the end of Q4". Aye, right!

No company in their right mind would say anything to 3,000 employees if they were only just tentatively thinking about shedding thousands of jobs. They've clearly decided, the tw*ts just don't know how to tell us.

Means we've potentially got nine months to wait before finding out if our jobs are staying or not.

That sucks :(

I had something similar last year. We got told in January that the company was either being sold or closing down in May. A few buyers sniffed around, but we had to wait till almost the last minute before we knew for sure the place was closing.

My advice, find out as much about redundancy rights in advance as you can, so that you know exactly where you stand should the time come.

edited to add - should have mentioned that I negotiated about 4 months salary pay-off, had a month off paid, then started a better job on £10k a year more and a company car :D Sometimes these things can work really well ;)

Edited by andycqos