Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

After a BT engineer fúcking up the internet connection in our area a few weeks ago (was off almost all weekend, and I blamed the router, poor thing), my connection speed has ever since been about a quarter of what it used to be.

:angry: :angry:

The only cure for a hangover is water. You need to re-hydrate your body.

Drinking Irn Bru - no matter what people on here might tell you - won't work. Whenever I get in from a night out - which is an all too often occurence recently - I take a litre bottle of water out of the fridge and drink as much as I can. When I wake up, I keep drinking water throughout the day. I feel fine and eventually have my appetite back by about 12pm. When I don't do this, I'll still be feeling sick at 6pm!

Water is the one and only cure for a hangover.

No it's not, hair of the dog, works everytime ;)

The only cure for a hangover is water. You need to re-hydrate your body.

Water is the one and only cure for a hangover.

Maybe with a bit of salt and/or sugar in it to replace lost minerals etc.

Certainly wouldn't advise having milk unless you want to start producing a Crowdie like substance within the next 30 seconds.

After a night out, my muscles are always so tense and sore although I think that's because I've been jumping into wheelie bins or doing wr4estling moves off walls than the actual effects of the alcohol.

I always make some food when I come in, and drink about 2 litres of water, then normally another 2 l during the middle of the night and I never get sore heads, I just feel a bit tired and have a bit of a dodgy stomach for a few hours.

Too much water is bad though as your liver is essentially poisoned with all the toxins and cannot function properly. A little bit at a time is best.

My knees are always sore when I wake up after a really heaving night. No idea why.

As for my nag I found my wallet. It was in my car all along though not sure how it got there givne that I had it on the train the other weekend yet never had it when I left Inverness to go back to Aberdeen!

Dont know why so many people think drinking water is a great hangover cure, all it does is make you piss every 10 minutes.

Erm, possibly because drinking water IS a great hangover cure? :lol:

Dont know why so many people think drinking water is a great hangover cure, all it does is make you piss every 10 minutes.

Because it is?

Hangovers are caused mostly by your body being dehydrated - you drink loads of water, your body gets rehydrated and you don't get a hangover (or don't get as severe a hangover as you normally would).

Debbie's suggestion is also excellent.

You can't beat a pint of Irn Bru and a big greasy fry up.

Yep, that's the daddy.

Fry-ups on a hangover are awesome. I'd also recommend French Toast with Cheese.

Fry-ups on a hangover are awesome. I'd also recommend French Toast with Cheese.

I'd recommend that anytime! Particularly if you throw in some bacon, and a cheeky wee drop of scrambled egg!

f**k me, my stomach's rumbling here!

I have said it before and I will say it again but Dyarolyte - the dioherrea treatment is THE BEST thing for a hangover. Simply stick one of those sachets in a glass of water and tan it when you get in and you will (almost) be right as rain in the morning - it is almost uncanny how good it is, really weird. I will give you my guarantee that this will work really well and probably better than any of the suggestions above - if it doesn't I will strike myself on the nose with a silver ladle.