Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It was my last day in the contact centre today, i'll be an IT geek from Monday :lol:

Hang on, aren't you supposed to be in Pivo's living it large!?

Ah, so presumably your bonus is based on collective team results of performance, attendance etc. rather than individual?

Just had a wee think about what you said there gaz, you might be right i think. Sorry, its been a long day

The swines made me stay another week, so I had my leaving night last Friday.

That explains it. Must be a cnut to have a leaving night and then go back into work on Monday in the same job for another week, though!

That explains it. Must be a cnut to have a leaving night and then go back into work on Monday in the same job for another week, though!

Aye, it wasnae the best. The thing is, they made me stay purely out of badness, there was no need whatsoever, and now I'm a week behind in training with my new job. :angry: :angry:

I'd have went out tonight as well, but it's an all-dayer tomorrow :D

I've been ill since Friday night and I'm thoroughly fed up of it.

I have eaten half a bowl of soup, a plum and an orange since I first became ill and I'm starving, yet the thought of food makes my want to chuck up the non-existent contents of my empty stomach. My family is downstairs eating lovely steak, potatos and veg, and I'm stuck up here feeling sorry for myself in the PJ's I haven't gotten out of since Friday, with my duvet wrapped around me.

Worst of all? I even missed the football yesterday. :( :( :(

I'm not a very good sick person.

Show me who is!

I've had a sore throat for over two weeks now. I thought I was getting better and woke up this morning all croaky and losing my voice. Needless to say Monster is well chuffed!

Show me who is!

I've had a sore throat for over two weeks now. I thought I was getting better and woke up this morning all croaky and losing my voice. Needless to say Monster is well chuffed!

At first we thought it was food poisoning since I'd eaten out on Friday night just a few hours before I fell ill, but I thought if it was that it would have passed by now. Seemingly there's a bug going around of this sort, so I've probably been unlucky enough to catch it. I must say, I haven't had a bug like this since I was child, and vomiting is the most horrible experience in the world. Eurgh, I hate it. :green

At first we thought it was food poisoning since I'd eaten out on Friday night just a few hours before I fell ill, but I thought if it was that it would have passed by now. Seemingly there's a bug going around of this sort, so I've probably been unlucky enough to catch it. I must say, I haven't had a bug like this since I was child, and vomiting is the most horrible experience in the world. Eurgh, I hate it. :green

Norovirus (or winter vomiting syndrome) is doing the rounds at the minute - Usually a 12-60 hour thing.

Not much to do but sit and wait it out really. Drink loads so that you don't get dehydrated. We usually just give people water initially then introduce something light when they can tolerate water without bringing it straight back up. Generally find that toast and scrambled egg is a good thing to start off with. Unfortunately it's best to let it run it's course.

p.s. if it's norovirus it will spread easily as it can survive in the environment for a few days.