Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Haven't eaten it, it's for later in the week, and there's no lamb in it at all.

Mind you, I haven't seen the missus in over a week now, so I'm likely to rape a sheep given the opportunity...:(

:(
A bit and No,im more tired than anything.

Still not got the hang of this, have you? :P

I took plenty of water before goin' to bed last night so I feel right as rain this morning. Wait, that's an RTBC... lemme think, erm, OK - my PTTGOYN: It's the OF game today so the moron ratio in my street worsens for the next few hours. <_<

No, it's a case of examining each case individually. There are clear black & white areas - such as instances of racism - that will result in a warning/ban, but as the forum rules state "we moderate the forum on a common sense basis".

The former isn't true: there are dozens of examples of racism that haven't resulted in anything even approaching a warning/ban (this being quite aside from the fact that the forum rules themselves say racist abuse will result in a life ban - not a warning.)

For instance, I'd suggest it's bad form for someone who's just returned from a suspension for antagonistic behaviour to wish death upon a forum member. A post that results in the moderating team receiving complaints.

Now we're getting somewhere. P&B's moderation is reactive. There's nothing wrong with this per se, and on a forum as popular as this one it's probably the easiest way to do things, but when the weight of popularity counts for more than the weight of rules, it becomes clear that P&B is a mob-ocracy. A few loudmouthed members, and those with a direct line to the staff (mainly St. Mirren fans) run the show themselves. You, the moderating staff, are their stooges.

I don't think that's terribly hard to understand and would suggest anyone who thinks it is is either being stupid or deliberatley obtuse. You're clearly not the former, so I'd suggest you're the latter.

Actually when the rulebook says one thing, you say another, and reality displays a third, I think that those who are obtuse are those who act as if it's all so simple.

The former isn't true: there are dozens of examples of racism that haven't resulted in anything even approaching a warning/ban (this being quite aside from the fact that the forum rules themselves say racist abuse will result in a life ban - not a warning.)

Now we're getting somewhere. P&B's moderation is reactive. There's nothing wrong with this per se, and on a forum as popular as this one it's probably the easiest way to do things, but when the weight of popularity counts for more than the weight of rules, it becomes clear that P&B is a mob-ocracy. A few loudmouthed members, and those with a direct line to the staff (mainly St. Mirren fans) run the show themselves. You, the moderating staff, are their stooges.

Actually when the rulebook says one thing, you say another, and reality displays a third, I think that those who are obtuse are those who act as if it's all so simple.

She still not putting out for you then? <_<

This may be enough to get you banned, it may not. Who knows anymore!

Only if someone sends a complaint about it. Apparently.

Only if the right people send a complaint. And if it concerns the right poster. Certain posters get carte blanche to insult and abuse at will. Others get threatened with a ban for the most trivial harmless links.

Now we're getting somewhere. P&B's moderation is reactive.

Wrong. It's a mixture of proactive and reactive moderating. If a moderator spots something that they deem worthy of action while viewing the boards then they will act on it. However, there are some posts that go initially unnoticed that are then brought to the attention of the moderating team via the complaints forum or pm.

Div has stated that the forum is largely self-policing on a number of occasions, so this should come as no surprise to you, or anyone.