Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Actually when the rulebook says one thing...

Have a look at the rulebook, Swampy. It hardly covers everything that can be construed as "bad behaviour". That's when common sense moderating comes into play.

This may be enough to get you banned, it may not. Who knows anymore!

:lol:

I wondered when you'd show you'd appear on this thread again. Apparently it's when you have someone's coattails to cling to. It's pathetic.

:lol:

I wondered when you'd show you'd appear on this thread again. Apparently it's when you have someone's coattails to cling to. It's pathetic.

I've been accused of going against the grain and being deliberately controversial. Therefore, in order to not be banned again "to teach me a lesson", its easiest if I simply agree with another poster.

I've been accused of going against the grain and being deliberately controversial.

Your behaviour was deliberately antagonistic. You know that - you've admitted as much - I know that, hell, the whole board knows that. But instead of accepting that and the sanctions imposed upon you you continue to bleat about it like a small child.

You've had your punishment, you've checked your behaviour after receiving a gentle nudge suggesting you were once again creeping close to the edge. I'm happy with that, even though you've convinced yourself I'm 'out to get' you. There's nothing more to discuss.

Edited by Nizzy

Wrong. It's a mixture of proactive and reactive moderating. If a moderator spots something that they deem worthy of action while viewing the boards then they will act on it. However, there are some posts that go initially unnoticed that are then brought to the attention of the moderating team via the complaints forum or pm.

"Unnoticed" is a very interesting choice of word. Was it deliberate?

Div has stated that the forum is largely self-policing on a number of occasions, so this should come as no surprise to you, or anyone.

It probably doesn't come as a surprise to people who don't know what "self-policing" means, but because I do know what it means this interpretation is somewhat shocking.

Have a look at the rulebook, Swampy. It hardly covers everything that can be construed as "bad behaviour". That's when common sense moderating comes into play.

"Common sense moderation" is a by-word for allowing menial little no-marks the chance to stick the boot into people whom the mob doesn't like :D

Have you no comment to make regarding the massive discrepancy in the moderation of racism, by the way?

For this, read: "your interpretation"

If you can avoid dodging the question on a "peronal" basis maybe you can give me an ex cathedra description of what self-policing means.

Swampy stop fucking complaining. It's getting REALLY tiresome.

If you're not careful, they will invoke the following section of the P&B Rules:

Users may also be banned without notice or explanation from the team if we feel it is in the best interests of P&B.

Swampy stop fucking complaining. It's getting REALLY tiresome.

If you're not careful, they will invoke the following section of the P&B Rules:

This wouldn't be a mob member trying to influence the common sense moderation, would it?

This wouldn't be a mob member trying to influence the common sense moderation, would it?

Erm, no. Just a poster expressing irritation at your adversarial approach to the moderators, who by in large adopt a reasonable moderation policy.

They let a lot of things go which people might be uncomfortable with, but when people have clearly overstepped the mark, their action has been almost always spot on.

Erm, no. Just a poster expressing irritation at your adversarial approach to the moderators, who by in large [sic] adopt a reasonable moderation policy.

They let a lot of things go which people might be uncomfortable with, but when people have clearly overstepped the mark, their action has been almost always spot on.

Your objections are duly noted. Now pick up your fail and get out of the thread.

The only input I have on this 'situation' is that whether this is 'only the internet' or not, some of the squabbling, points made, and pettiness of certain posters made in the last five-or-so pages have been nothing short of absolutely pathetic.

This kind of reply always surfaces a lot but the various worthies who condescend to tut and shake their heads seldom, if ever, name names.

This kind of reply always surfaces a lot but the various worthies who condescend to tut and shake their heads seldom, if ever, name names.

There's no need to name names. To the majority it's easy enough to deduce.