Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

So you're asking me to name names?

No, not really... or if I am it's in a really indirect, passive-aggressive way, indicating that I'm not that desperate to hear about it.

So what exactly is it that you're trying to say about the post that I made?

That it follows the pattern of various forum 'sensible' people barging into threads, blaring that various people should be ashamed of themselves - in the manner of a drunken history teacher who left the class for five minutes only to return to find the blackboard covered in chalk penises - then flouncing off again.

Edited by Swampy

That it follows the pattern of various forum 'sensible' people barging into threads, blaring that various people should be ashamed of themselves, in the manner of a drunken history teacher who left the class for five minutes only to return to find the blackboard covered in chalk penises, then flounce off again.

Firstly, I wouldn't say I've 'barged' into this thread, any more than anyone else has by merely making a post. I'd also say that I wasn't 'blaring' anything, again, merely stating that some of the things said, the manner they have been said, and the posting of some posters has been, as I said, nothing short of pathetic.

A sensible debate of things is fine, and indeed healthy, but this 'situation' if it can be called that has been, imo, blown out of all proportion and some of the things said in relation to it, have been ridiculous.

Firstly, I wouldn't say I've 'barged' into this thread, any more than anyone else has by merely making a post. I'd also say that I wasn't 'blaring' anything, again, merely stating that some of the things said, the manner they have been said, and the posting of some posters has been, as I said, nothing short of pathetic.

A sensible debate of things is fine, and indeed healthy, but this 'situation' if it can be called that has been, imo, blown out of all proportion and some of the things said in relation to it, have been ridiculous.

The lack of specifics in the above makes it difficult for me to care, though.

You've had your punishment, you've checked your behaviour after receiving a gentle nudge suggesting you were once again creeping close to the edge. I'm happy with that, even though you've convinced yourself I'm 'out to get' you. There's nothing more to discuss.

A gentle nudge? "Any more of that and you'll be fucking banned?" Any more of what though? I never broke any rules when I was banned, and I've not broken any since. I have been insulted, I have had death wished on me, I have pointed out hypocrisy, and I 've been personally attacked by the mods, and basically told that if I say anything back, then I am banned.

Thats why I am very careful now, its so clear there is a lack of consistency of work, so yes, I complain, but very carefully and within the rules. After years of maintaining a positive relationship with the mods through thick and thin, there has been a real lack of consistency of late. This is a monster of your very own making Nizzy.

Erm, no. Just a poster expressing irritation at your adversarial approach to the moderators, who by in large adopt a reasonable moderation policy.

They let a lot of things go which people might be uncomfortable with, but when people have clearly overstepped the mark, their action has been almost always spot on.

Such as by posting a safe for work, clearly indicated link in their posts? Aye, thats overstepping the mark.

So you are wanting me to 'name names' then?

I already fielded that question. Names are just a sub-set of the specifics lacking here. Among our variables are:

names

thingsA

manner

posting

situation

thingsB

A gentle nudge? "Any more of that and you'll be fucking banned?" Any more of what though? I never broke any rules when I was banned, and I've not broken any since. I have been insulted, I have had death wished on me, I have pointed out hypocrisy, and I 've been personally attacked by the mods, and basically told that if I say anything back, then I am banned.

Thats why I am very careful now, its so clear there is a lack of consistency of work, so yes, I complain, but very carefully and within the rules. After years of maintaining a positive relationship with the mods through thick and thin, there has been a real lack of consistency of late. This is a monster of your very own making Nizzy.

I've made a tit of myself because of last night. However, I'm just gonna sleep on it, becasue there's no way you can beat the management on here. It's not worth the hassling, ken?

I'm the last person to comment here but I agree it's getting a bit tiresome and blown out of proportion.

I agree completely. Until the last few months I've been very happy with the moderation staff. However, when it became clear that the moderators worked to actively delete threads that might damage St. Johnstone's transfer approaches (but left threads concerning other clubs intact); failed to act in cases of clear racism and prejudice; began a craven and misguided attempt to 'outlaw' sectarianism (complete with a Kafka-esque moment in which moderator 'Mr. X.' said that even the use of asterisks was verboten); operated based on complaints sent by a small group of St. Mirren fans and a couple of platinum members; they became unworthy of my support.

P&B as a place to post and talk about football, the weather, and whatever else is still unrivalled in Scotland, but this is now despite, and not because of the moderation staff. I'm quite sure I'll be banned within the next couple of months, but I'll enjoy posters' company while I still can.

So what is it that you'd like me to say, to give my post the content that you seemingly require?

A clarification of what any of the above are. You can start with 'names' if you want, but the choice is really yours.

"we" :lol:

Is this the royal we? The editorial?

I'm still awaiting Nizzy's definition of "self-policing", which has just become even more hotly-anticipated in light of the fact that "we" make the decisions.

P&B as a place to post and talk about football, the weather, and whatever else is still unrivalled in Scotland, but this is now despite, and not because of the moderation staff. I'm quite sure I'll be banned within the next couple of months, but I'll enjoy posters' company while I still can.

There was a time when I could ask the mods for clarification on issues, when if I overstepped the mark (as I did before, and occasionally do now), a quick word from them and I would rein myself in. Up until a few months ago, this was fine. For example (because I'm not afraid to give examples), during one of the Kiltgates, a long standing mod asked if I would ease off and drop the issue for a while. And because I was asked civilly by a mod who I maintained a positive relationship with, then I did so, and that was fine.

Now though, I recieve insults from a couple of the mods on a regular basis, and if I answer back, then its "I'll ban ye, ya tool". People have been banned for trivial reasons, threatened for absolutely no reason, and yet other posters get away with murder. I also expect the banhammer at some point.

Forum rule:

"Users may also be banned without notice or explanation from the team if we feel it is in the best interests of P&B"

Which can be interpreted as "we are banning you because we want to, for no good reason". Thats why the mods have really struggled to give reasons or demonstrate consistency, they often don't have any.

Edited to add, this is not just because of the BSS situation yesterday, its just a general trend. Like Swampy, I am finding it difficult to support the mods, and its a shame.

Edited by xbl

A clarification of what any of the above are. You can start with 'names' if you want, but the choice is really yours.

Well the 'situation' has been blown out of all propotion by several posters adding their 'tuppence worth' where it is not really required and is (perhaps deliberately) in opposition to the stance or action of the morderators. This (particularly if deliberate), I deem pathetic.

A moderator/moderators have made a decision/decisions and given explanations for the decisions and yet people still argue the point and demand 'answers' and 'apologies'. This, to my mind, is petty and un-necessary.

A forum/website like this must operate the way it does, with moderators doing as they see fit in accordance with the forum rules and guidelines and where I feel that constantly challenging somthing or several things which have been 'relatively sensibly modded' so-to-speak is, again pathetic. After all, if someone doesn't like the way the board/forum is run, then there's a simple option.... And no, getting involved in a petty squabble in a thread is not it.

Well the 'situation' has been blown out of all propotion by several posters adding their 'tuppence worth' where it is not really required and is (perhaps deliberately) in opposition to the stance or action of the morderators. This (particularly if deliberate), I deem pathetic.

What do you mean by deliberately here? This is all very George Foulkes to me.

A moderator/moderators have made a decision/decisions and given explanations for the decisions and yet people still argue the point and demand 'answers' and 'apologies'. This, to my mind, is petty and un-necessary.

Then you are under no obligation to take part. If you don't like it...

A forum/website like this must operate the way it does, with moderators doing as they see fit in accordance with the forum rules and guidelines and where I feel that constantly challenging somthing or several things which have been 'relatively sensibly modded' so-to-speak is, again pathetic.

But they haven't been sensible. They have been arbitrary, mob-led, and bully-like.

After all, if someone doesn't like the way the board/forum is run, then there's a simple option.... And no, getting involved in a petty squabble in a thread is not it.

The fact that we're both here doing just that would suggest otherwise.