Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9am lecture was absolutely horrendous.

The lecturer constantly makes reference to "not having enough time to cover everything" and pours scorn on anyone who has the audacity to arrive a minute late (not me, I hasten to add). She treats the entire year of law students as though they were an irreparably vile primary school class, being completely unreasonable at every turn. Breaking with what all other lectures usually do, she decides that she “won’t put the whole PowerPoint” onto the shared area “to make sure that those who don’t turn up don’t get an unfair advantage”… this despite the fact that she moves through the slides so quickly it’s impossible for us to write anything crucial down from them! Also quite why she would go to the effort to REMOVE some slides from a PowerPoint before putting them up completely escapes me. To top it all off, she then decides to have a spontaneous dig at the Contract exam results when we don’t even have them back yet!

I think it’s safe to say that most people who went in this morning now wished that, 20 months ago, they had applied to do a MA instead of an LLB.

She treats the entire year of law students as though they were an irreparably vile primary school class...

To be fair, that's how most first year uni students act.

(Emphasis on "most", which != "all" => I wasn't like that)

To be fair, that's how most first year uni students act.

(Emphasis on "most", which != "all" => I wasn't like that)

Not an unfair point, but the lecture theatre was a deathly hush of silence considering it had over 100 people in it.

I never bothered taking lecture notes because I found myself just writing stuff down and not taking any of it in. I prefered to just sit and listen and try and absorb what was being said. My attendance at uni was shocking, I doubt in any year it was ever higher than 33% but this wasn't because I was one of the wankers who thought it was cool to get rararara every night but because I just found it easier to understand concepts after reading them in a textbook. I'd often get up at 8.30am (when I had a 9am lecture), go up to uni and sit in a room next to the lecture theatre and read the relevant chapter and take notes rather than going to the lecture itself.

My son is in a foul mood today. Hasn't stopped crying since his Mum went out this morning. And on top of that, he was up three times last night screaming.

Parenting. What a lark.

Bloody nightmare, eh!

My brilliant wee Mum, in her infinite wisdom, decided to get Cole a pair of boxing gloves. I've been battered about the living room like Rihanna. He declares himself the champion and then gives me some more punches.

I never bothered taking lecture notes because I found myself just writing stuff down and not taking any of it in. I prefered to just sit and listen and try and absorb what was being said. My attendance at uni was shocking, I doubt in any year it was ever higher than 33% but this wasn't because I was one of the wankers who thought it was cool to get rararara every night but because I just found it easier to understand concepts after reading them in a textbook. I'd often get up at 8.30am (when I had a 9am lecture), go up to uni and sit in a room next to the lecture theatre and read the relevant chapter and take notes rather than going to the lecture itself.

I find lectures quite useful (generally) as they hammer out the important points in a more formulaic way than just reading about it. If you don't take notes (particularly in Law I find) it can be a nightmare taking in everything afterwards (especially with the cases raised - try a 4 line summary with the important bit compared with going away and reading 20 pages of rubbish!).

Bloody nightmare, eh!

My brilliant wee Mum, in her infinite wisdom, decided to get Cole a pair of boxing gloves. I've been battered about the living room like Rihanna. He declares himself the champion and then gives me some more punches.

:lol:

I keep getting these dizzy spells when I stand up and Charlie is just wanting picked up all the time today. I'm not having a good day. :(

Bloody nightmare, eh!

I've got a punchbag and when there's no one in I put on my boxing shorts (a pair of metallic blue addidas shorts that are about 4 sizes too big) and my dressing gown, play my entrance music and introduce myself as the Middleweight champion of the world before standing on the makeshift ropes (the sofa and armchairs) taking the adulation from the crowd.

I keep getting these dizzy spells when I stand up and Charlie is just wanting picked up all the time today. I'm not having a good day. :(

Wee shite that he is. He'll know all about it when I introduce his baseball bat into our boxing matches.

Hope you're feeling better soon pal.

Fudge - :lol:

Edited by Andy C

I've got a punchbag and when there's no one in I put on my boxing shorts (a pair of metallic blue addidas shorts that are about 4 sizes too big) and my dressing gown, play my entrance music and introduce myself as the Middleweight champion of the world before standing on the makeshift ropes (the sofa and armchairs) taking the adulation from the crowd.

Why would you openly admit that? :lol:

Wee shite that he is. He'll know all about it when I introduce his baseball bat into our boxing matches.

Hope you're feeling better soon pal.

Fudge - :lol:

Cheers.

Middleweight. :lol:

I jest. :)