Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Have nothing to worry about or do today so I've just finished watching the Simpsons episodes I had recorded.

One episode infuriated me quite deeply.

It starts off with Maggie getting her dummy taken of her, and Homer has to buy drugs to get himself to sleep. Then in some bizarre plot twist, Homer, Apu, Skinner and Moe end up becoming firemen, and the episode goes off in a completely different direction.

WTF, The Simpsons?

Have nothing to worry about or do today so I've just finished watching the Simpsons episodes I had recorded.

It starts off with Maggie getting her dummy taken of her, and Homer has to buy drugs to get himself to sleep. Then in some bizarre plot twist, Homer, Apu, Skinner and Moe end up becoming firemen, and the episode goes off in a completely different direction.

WTF, The Simpsons?

Have you ever watched an episode of the Simpsons before? The 'episode going off in a completely different direction' is a trademark of the show.

Have you ever watched an episode of the Simpsons before? The 'episode going off in a completely different direction' is a trademark of the show.

Usually they are related in some way though. This episode seemed like two different episodes altogether. It was from 2006/2007 IIRC. There's a huge difference between the vintage Simpsons (90's) episodes and the 'new wave' (since the Movie in particular) ones.

WTF, The Simpsons?

Would you prefer they go back to Season 1 and essentially make an animated Cosby Show for idiots?

Would you prefer they go back to Season 1 and essentially make an animated Cosby Show for idiots?

The humour was more layered in the earlier years, Like Blair Skint I enjoy the earlier episodes much more, now it's basically a parody of itself. Granted it tends to take the piss out of itself (I recall Kent Brockman staying with them and being asked to put his picture on the wall of others who stayed with them over the course of the series), but it's basically eating itself alive now.

Episodes go off on complete tangents, don't hang together and rely very much on a sense that it's funny becuase it's them doing it - not to mention the constant shoehorning in of every celebrity going, now for little apparent reason.

On the other hand Futurama was four seasons of brilliance.....

Edited by renton

I need to get back working, ever since I got paid off I have been going mad sitting about the house.

When did you get paid off mate? I'm 24 just now and lucky that, bar maybe a couple of months, i've been in a job since i was 18. I'm on a week's holiday just now and even four days in i'm getting bored already.

There any sign of anything for you?

it's looking more and more likely that my jacket got stolen from the living room of a friends flat last night.

Do you suspect any of your mates?

The Simpsons still has far more classic episodes than not, and it outshines Futurama and Family Guy.

Most of everything outshines Family Guy, which is horribly over rated.

But Futurama pissed all over contemporary Simpsons.