Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A crippling retard that knows how to use capital, or BIG, letters.

Kettle boiled, into the pot with the leaf tea, milk sitting in a cup and pour. The perfect cup.

Another the the weegies cant do right...fnar

it's netiqutte, apparently.

Real butter, you're correct, however, the butter in question that started the whole discussion was Lurpak spreadable, the very same brand that is in my fridge at this precise moment. Lurpak spreadable is soft enough to spread onto the softest bread in just a couple of minutes. So there. :P

The Cowden-based poster is correct about one thing though: if you are making tea in a pot, the milk does indeed go into the cup first. Leaf tea is, of course, far superior to teabag tea. This was not the point raised though. The original post on the subject was in regard to the use of a teabag in a cup. For this, the teabag goes in first, the water on top of that and the milk is added only AFTER the teabag is removed.

It's just wrong to have the teabag in the cup and the milk in there at the same time. I agree with the leaf tea being far better than a teabag,that is the way all tea should be,not in these silly bags,I think you get a far better quality and taste of tea from leaf tea.

It's just wrong to have the teabag in the cup and the milk in there at the same time. I agree with the leaf tea being far better than a teabag,that is the way all tea should be,not in these silly bags,I think you get a far better quality and taste of tea from leaf tea.

I'be been making tea wrong all these years! For me water, teabag, milk and then take out teabag.

I'be been making tea wrong all these years! For me water, teabag, milk and then take out teabag.

That's not making tea. That's putting hot water from the kettle into a cup. :P

It's clear that you're an imbecile, so I'll do the opposite of what you say about the milk, thank you. :D

You know what else is ridiculous? People who seem to use a fucking pickaxe to get the butter out the tub. My flatmate is horrific at this. It looks like Edward Scissorhands has tried to get the butter out with his fingers.

What's so difficult about just taking the knife lightly across the surface of the butter, so that you take a very thin layer off the top?

You know what else is ridiculous? People who seem to use a fucking pickaxe to get the butter out the tub. My flatmate is horrific at this. It looks like Edward Scissorhands has tried to get the butter out with his fingers.

What's so difficult about just taking the knife lightly across the surface of the butter, so that you take a very thin layer off the top?

Perhaps you're cooking and need a knob (snigger) of butter? A 'lightly smeared blob' just doesn't cut it.

Edited by vikingTON