Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Its because of possible pathogens in the eggs. Its salmonella & another one that I cant remember the name of at the moment. Chilling eggs increases the chance of the egg being contaminated with salmonella or the other one I cant remember. Keeping the eggs at room temperature reduces the chances of the 'other' pathogen.

Eggs (and butter) go in the fucking fridge.

No shit sherlock. 

To be fair though, whilst I keep my eggs in the fridge, when you pick up eggs at Tesco they're on a shelf, not in a fridge.

Thank you. You buy eggs from a shelf in the supermarket without a second thought,but you all go fucking off your head because I don't keep eggs in the fridge. :lol:

So, if eggs don't go in the fridge, why does every fridge I've had had those we holes on the shelf in the door to hold them?

And further still, why the fuck does every carton of eggs I buy say "Keep Refrigerated" on them?

Iplayer -"We are experiencing abnormal traffic" why exactly? the fulham game isn't on the bbc is it? and also, its not available onlineisit?

other than that, I see no reason for 'abnormal traffic' I mean its not as if everyone has heard todays great british menu was fucking great and has tuned into watch again on iplayer is it?!

Iplayer -"We are experiencing abnormal traffic" why exactly? the fulham game isn't on the bbc is it? and also, its not available onlineisit?

other than that, I see no reason for 'abnormal traffic' I mean its not as if everyone has heard todays great british menu was fucking great and has tuned into watch again on iplayer is it?!

It's because of the Cowden vs. Brechin game, of course!

So, if eggs don't go in the fridge, why does every fridge I've had had those we holes on the shelf in the door to hold them?

And further still, why the fuck does every carton of eggs I buy say "Keep Refrigerated" on them?

Isn't it to do with the use by date they have on eggs?

Its because of possible pathogens in the eggs. Its salmonella & another one that I cant remember the name of at the moment. Chilling eggs increases the chance of the egg being contaminated with salmonella or the other one I cant remember. Keeping the eggs at room temperature reduces the chances of the 'other' pathogen.

correct. ffs even my yr8's (second year) now get this -having the egg's/butter in the fridge, both of which are ideal media for bacterial growth lowers the temperature and thus slows the bacterial growth.

however when using butter and eggs it is advisable in my egg-perience to let them sit for a few minutes to facilitate spreading. -this does not need to be the case with 'spreadable' butters which aren't actually pure butter but an oil/butter blend thus the fats don't all solidify.

So you are saying they should go in the fridge, then?

No. I was just pointing out that eggs have a use by date on them,and that you shouldn't eat them after that date.

Isn't it to do with the use by date they have on eggs?

So you are saying they should go in the fridge, then?

No. I was just pointing out that eggs have a use by date on them,and that you shouldn't eat them after that date.

:lol:

Jesus wept.

I doubt anyone who keeps their eggs in the fridge (henceforth known as "normos") keeps them there after the expiry date. If so then they are madder than those who don't keep the eggs in the fridge (henceforth known as "wackos").

Out of interest, how quickly do the wackos eat these unrefrigerated eggs? Within a couple of days of buying them or do you leave them for a few weeks?

Guest The Phoenix

Holy f**k!

Am I right in saying that she's unemployed? We may have found the reason why.

She's certainly unlikely to get poached by another employer with her brain being so scrambled.