Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Friday nights in. They're so boring.

I don't actually normally do anything on a Friday night. The clubs in Kirkcaldy are shit and I've been out at the very least on the Wednesday night, sometimes with the Monday and/or Thursday thrown in too.

Tonight however I am writing an essay on social mobility, so things could be worse for you.

What happened to the Misc Football part of this website? It used to be one of the very, very best parts, but now it seems like every other thread becomes an argument between 3 or 4 posters who post nowhere else, talking complete bollocks about how Paul Scholes is worth £400m and Messi is a janitor at a school in Coatbridge.

"Don't like, don't read", I hear you cry. But there's a lot of good discussion and stuff in that section, but it's being heavily diluted by this shit from clowns like "miko".

What happened to the Misc Football part of this website? It used to be one of the very, very best parts, but now it seems like every other thread becomes an argument between 3 or 4 posters who post nowhere else, talking complete bollocks about how Paul Scholes is worth £400m and Messi is a janitor at a school in Coatbridge.

"Don't like, don't read", I hear you cry. But there's a lot of good discussion and stuff in that section, but it's being heavily diluted by this shit from clowns like "miko".

I realise that the above is most likely a rhetorical question, but you've answered your own question, good chap.

I've emboldened the question at the top and the likely answer, which you have already provided, near the end of your post.

I hope this helps you. ;)

Away days next season: Falkirk, Stirling, Raith, Dunfermline, possibly Alloa or Cowden. FFS just merge some of the fuckers or should I just find a flat in the middle of boring country?

Away days next season: Falkirk, Stirling, Raith, Dunfermline, possibly Alloa or Cowden. FFS just merge some of the fuckers or should I just find a flat in the middle of boring country?

You do realise that Greenock is utterly shite to get to for everyone else, right?

The league is shaping up to be a belter from my point of view, staying in Stirling/Kirkcaldy. Only Dingwall and Greenock are really out of the way. Hope Airdrie don't win the play-offs and ruin things.

You do realise that Greenock is utterly shite to get to for everyone else, right?

The league is shaping up to be a belter from my point of view, staying in Stirling/Kirkcaldy. Only Dingwall and Greenock are really out of the way. Hope Airdrie don't win the play-offs and ruin things.

Train to Glasgow, multiple stations in Greenock, one to the ground, one to the pubs. Very simple.

Stirling/Falkirk - train, then taxi between civilisation and the ground. Bollocks.

Our derby next season is going to be Partick or Queen of the fucking South.

Train to Glasgow, multiple stations in Greenock, one to the ground, one to the pubs. Very simple.

Stirling/Falkirk - train, then taxi between civilisation and the ground. Bollocks. 

Taxi?? Walk you lazy shite bag. It's about 15/20 mins from the train station in both instances!

Try fucking harder then. Don't let the rest of us make you unhappy:rolleyes:

Taxi?? Walk you lazy shite bag. It's about 15/20 mins from the train station in both instances!

Walking to Stirling's ground from the station is along an unpavemented main road. Not the best thing to do after a carryout. When will clubs cater for the needs of the fans?!

Try fucking harder then. Don't let the rest of us make you unhappy:rolleyes:

That doesn't even make sense. If we wanted better days out then we should have tried less hard last week. You should've tried harder today and then I could have had Killie away. <_<

Edited by vikingTON

Three trains though from a starting point in Kirkcaldy, lot of fannying around.

You can walk from Stirling station to Forthbank. Don't be so lazy! Would take about 15 minutes, probably less. You don't need to follow the main road around. You included Raith, Dunfermline and Alloa/Cowden in your wee list which are all fairly easy to get to, although it is a lot of messing around waiting on trains for the Fife games from your point of view, I'll grant you.

We might get Dundee as our derby if Cowden come up, I imagine the new year fixtures would be Falkirk v Stirling, Dunfermline v Cowden and Raith v Dundee if they do. Maybe better supporting Brechin/Alloa in these play-offs...

Edited by Paco

You can get over the new footbridge from the Train Station to the Cinema, which takes 5 minutes off the walk. It takes less than 15 minutes to walk to Forthbank from the train station, and there is a path next to the road.

Similarly, the Falkirk Stadium is within walking distance of Falkirk Grahamstoun.

Aha, now that footbridge hadn't been built last time I travelled to Forthbank, which was January 2008. That's an improvement.

You can get over the new footbridge from the Train Station to the Cinema, which takes 5 minutes off the walk. It takes less than 15 minutes to walk to Forthbank from the train station, and there is a path next to the road.

Similarly, the Falkirk Stadium is within walking distance of Falkirk Grahamstoun.

This.

Out the train station, turn left and you'll get there in 15-20 minutes nae bother. Even then, if you can't be arsed, get a taxi which will cost around £4 or a bus which is £1.