Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest XaaronPrimus
I've just had this email from my boss....

I'm a rebel, me, oh yes I am!

:ph34r::(

And what does that mean?

You don't turn up?

And what does that mean?

You don't turn up?

Obviously I should have made it clearer......I was on STRIKE!

Massive disruption as 200,000 civil and public servants strike on May Day

1 May 2007

Today’s strike by more than 200,000 civil and public servants has caused massive disruption across the UK with courts, museums, jobcentres, tax and benefits offices and enquiry points either closed or offering no service to the public.

Up to 200,000 civil and public servants in May Day strike

1 May 2007

UK civil and public servants across 200 government departments, agencies and non-departmental bodies will be taking part in a second one day national strike today (1 May) in an escalation in a dispute over job cuts, pay and privatisation.

PCS members can be proud of the turnout for yesterday's national strike (1 May). All the indications are that it had been as well supported as on 31 January.

All those who have supported the strike have sent a clear message to the government that it needs to sit down with us and negotiate a reasonable outcome to our demands on jobs, pay and conditions."

Mark Serwotka, General Secretary

Janice Godrich, President

:rolleyes:

Laughing at the fact termination letters are going out to people who did not wish to vary their contracts following Single Status proposals before they were implemented! Twats!

Although, my real problem is that i swapped numbers with 2 people on sat night...and it's the wrong one who keeps texting my phone non stop...and it was the other one who i thought was hot! Fecking typical! Though the other one was emailling me today so i guess that's still kind of a good thing! How do you get someone to stop texting you though?

Edited by hazel1884

Laughing at the fact termination letters are going out to people who did not wish to vary their contracts following Single Status proposals before they were implemented! Twats!

Our single status has been put on hold until august due to disagreements between the unions, I've no idea how it's going to turn out

Our single status has been put on hold until august due to disagreements between the unions, I've no idea how it's going to turn out

Ours comes into effect from 1st August...glad it's finally coming even although most are less than happy with the outcome too. And to be honest, the timing is shit - we are not allowed time off in July or August (August isn't so bad, i wouldn't go anyway due to the footy season being back on!) but July is when we had planned to go away and i can't becuase of the nature of my job. Couldn't they have waited until autumn/winter to implement when we wouldn't have minded doing overtime for it?!

Sending 'lol' to them after theor team has had the league title cruely snatched away from them normally helps B)

Honestly, i was raging at you. If i had seen you anytime soon after that i don't think you would be alive. Then you sent "living the dream" a wee bit later. <_<

Guest BullyWee1878
I meant to say 4 St.Johnstone fans in the earlier post. No, Coddy wasn't one of them. We all know the reason he goes to St.Johnstone games

Hey that isnt true about Coddy. Why else would he have been going to watch a team that could have potentially been replacing his team in the league :rolleyes:

But that means you get more money, so a better chance of getting out of the 1st division :bairn

:thumbsdown

Mind you, you are partially correct. It will give us more money for our latest assault on Europe.

But, as a taxdodger, I'm not sure I relish paying £35-£40. I'm discounting the West Stand as it has an absolutely pish view.

It is an absolute rip off, but the SFA know they will all be sold, so are looking to make as much money as possible from it (I presume they take some of the gate receipts?) With a cup final, loads of people will want to take their kids to the game and make day of it, considering it would be in excess of £200 for everything, it's a bit of a sham.

It is a disgrace. For the last 2 Pars finals, I paid £25 and I think the most expensive ticket was £30. Obviously I'm going to pay whatever because it's my team in the Scottish Cup final, but whatever happened to football being a game for the ordinary punter?

It is an absolute rip off, but the SFA know they will all be sold, so are looking to make as much money as possible from it (I presume they take some of the gate receipts?) With a cup final, loads of people will want to take their kids to the game and make day of it, considering it would be in excess of £200 for everything, it's a bit of a sham.

The SFA will get at least 10% of gate reciepts I'd imagine. Easy £150,000 for doing feck all.

:whistle:ph34r::P:lol:
I noticed that last night and was going to point it but decided against it!

Obviously you have a death wish Kilt ;):P

FFS, do you two not know the difference between a typo and a spelling mistake?